CRM

RLV2525
Contributor

Assigning Task from Workflow to multiple owners

SOLVE

Hi everyone, 

Just created a workflow that's trigger after a lead fills in an online form. 

The workflow is rather simple and will create and assign a task to call a prospect after the form has been submitted. However, I would like that when a task is created that it will be assign to multiple owners. 

Is this possible to do within one workflow or do I have to create two similar workflows but with each a different owner?

Thanks in regards

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RLV2525,

Just to confirm: You'd like multiple users to receive a task when one contact fills out a form? Wouldn't that create redundancy, with multiple people reach out to the same contact?

It sounds like you could make use of rotating records in this scenario: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/how-to-set-an-owner#rotate-objects-between-multiple-owners-s...

In the right sidebar of the workflow editor select Rotate record to owner. You can then create an action after this rotation, assigning the task to the owner of the record. Tasks would then be distributed evenly between the members of your team.

If however you do want to create the exact same task for different people, you could just chain them in one workflow. HubSpot will execute these actions within split seconds (enrollment > task for person 1 > task for person 2 > task for person 3 etc.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
RLV2525
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler ,

The Rotate function works indeed and was exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

Kind regards!

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RLV2525,

Just to confirm: You'd like multiple users to receive a task when one contact fills out a form? Wouldn't that create redundancy, with multiple people reach out to the same contact?

It sounds like you could make use of rotating records in this scenario: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/how-to-set-an-owner#rotate-objects-between-multiple-owners-s...

In the right sidebar of the workflow editor select Rotate record to owner. You can then create an action after this rotation, assigning the task to the owner of the record. Tasks would then be distributed evenly between the members of your team.

If however you do want to create the exact same task for different people, you could just chain them in one workflow. HubSpot will execute these actions within split seconds (enrollment > task for person 1 > task for person 2 > task for person 3 etc.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.