CRM

DWickline

Assign the duplicates and merge email to a person in our company...

Is there a way to assign the duplicates and merge email to a person in our company... currently to is going to the owner of the company, but that is not really a task that is appropriate for him. Is there a way to send all of these reviews to a perticular person. If so how can we set that up?

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
RBozeman
Participant

Hey @DWickline,

I don't believe that there is a way to do this in HubSpot currently. Perhaps you could make something custom in Ops Hub but that will require some development. Or just create a policy that this particular person is the only one who can merge duplicates but that may not be sustainable, and he'd have to have the correct access in HubSpot. 

Also, Insycle can help with this. Just to be clear — I'm part of the Insycle team. But I've seen this problem so many times, I thought it's worth mentioning.

You can identify duplicates in some pretty nifty ways and create a CSV using Insycle's preview mode that lists all the duplicates you've found. It's perfect for those approval processes. You can use any HubSpot field to match, or even get a bit creative with how you parse the data (like ignoring whitespace, for example).

Then, you can merge in bulk, and make sure you're keeping all the best data from all the records. You can set up rules for what data stays and what goes, field by field. We just wrote a blog post about this.

You can even schedule merge operations to run when it suits you, like Friday afternoon when everyone's already dreaming about the weekend. Or you can plug Insycle's deduping templates right into Workflows so your data is always squeaky clean as soon as it hits the system.

Hope this makes your life a bit easier!

Cheers, Ryan

elizheleva
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Hi, @DWickline ,

Could you please help me with the answers of the following?

• what Hubs do you have and at what level, i.e. Free, Starter, Pro, Enterprise?
  • when you talk about duplicates, would that be duplicate contacts or companies?
  • am I right to think that the contact owner is the company owner?
  • how are you managing duplicates currently? Are you using Hubspot's native "manage duplicates" functionality or do you have another process?

Thanks,

Eli

Eli Zheleva
Chief Problem solver @ crmsquad | Hubspot Trainer | Hubspot Partner | Community Champion
Still need help? Book a free call with me

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.