CRM

LMA

Assign several companies to a single deal

SOLVE

Hi everyone,
We work as a personal real state agency assesor/comparator, in our workflow each client (deal) is offered at least 4 agencies (out of hundreds, filed as companies) to work with. We call and evaluate those selected companies and finally our client  (Deal) decides who is he selling with.

I´m well aware of HubSpot philosophy of 1 company per deal. Quite a pain for us

To skip this we were adviced to create 4 new custom Deal Properties (Agency 1, Agency 2 etc), each one as a dropdown menu linked to our companies list but I can´t find a way to link a custom property to the updated companies live list.

Any idea, tip or piece of advice about how to set a single Deal needing association with several companies?  would be really really appreciated.
I have learned a lot thanks to this amazing comunity,
Thanks a lot

2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LMA,

The advice you received might have been communicated in a misleading way or misunderstood. As far as I know, there is no way to automatically synchronize the dropdown options of a custom property with a company list. It would be nice if that was possible, but I don't think it is. Creating and maintaining dropdown options for hundreds of companies manually would not be feasible. Instead of dropdown properties, I'd recommend working with single-line text properties instead. Still not ideal and a bit more prone to error, but manageable and searchable via deal filters.

Another option would be a pinned note at the top of your deal record. This could be easily accessed but wouldn't allow you to search properties for certain agencies: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/pin-a-note-in-a-record

It's not helpful now but this feature is slowly coming our way: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/associate-multiple-companies-with-a-contact (For contacts first but hopefully for other records as well.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Lucila-Andimol
Solution
Thought Leader | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LMA hope you are doing well...

If you have an enterprise account this might be a use case for having a custom objects

and to be able to associate it with deals (as you do today with contacts)

Perhaps this is another possibility for you...

hope this helps...

María Lucila Abal | COO Andimol
HubSpot Expert, Community Champion & Certified Trainer (12+ years)

Have questions? Get answers:

Get Premium Support

Did my post help answer your question? Mark this as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Happy to help, let me know how you get on.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lucila-Andimol
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @LMA hope you are doing well...

If you have an enterprise account this might be a use case for having a custom objects

and to be able to associate it with deals (as you do today with contacts)

Perhaps this is another possibility for you...

hope this helps...

María Lucila Abal | COO Andimol
HubSpot Expert, Community Champion & Certified Trainer (12+ years)

Have questions? Get answers:

Get Premium Support

Did my post help answer your question? Mark this as a solution.

LMA

SOLVE

Thanks a lot Lucila, we need to monitor the CRM performance for our model before improving to an enterprise account, but it certainly is a good option for making it work.
Hubspot is so mature and customizable that feels weird not finding a way of working something as common as offering (and linking) 3 companies to a single client.

Best Regards,
Ramon Salguero

0 Upvotes
LMA

SOLVE

Thank you very much Karsten for this valuabe piece of advice, single-line text might not be ideal in our circumstances but we will explore how it performes, I guess for the moment the pinned note does the job since its an slightly more flexible option.
Lets hope the new multiple associations become real at some point.
Thanks again for the care given
Best regards,

Ramon Salguero

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LMA,

The advice you received might have been communicated in a misleading way or misunderstood. As far as I know, there is no way to automatically synchronize the dropdown options of a custom property with a company list. It would be nice if that was possible, but I don't think it is. Creating and maintaining dropdown options for hundreds of companies manually would not be feasible. Instead of dropdown properties, I'd recommend working with single-line text properties instead. Still not ideal and a bit more prone to error, but manageable and searchable via deal filters.

Another option would be a pinned note at the top of your deal record. This could be easily accessed but wouldn't allow you to search properties for certain agencies: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/pin-a-note-in-a-record

It's not helpful now but this feature is slowly coming our way: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/associate-multiple-companies-with-a-contact (For contacts first but hopefully for other records as well.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler