Assign email threads to a particular deal

GrahamH

In my previous CRM every deal had a unique email address that, when added to the BCC of an email, would attach the email to the histories of the deal and the adressees in To:.

I find in HubSpot that when I associate a deal with a contact all of the contacts activity appears in the deal, not just the emails associated with that deal.

Is there a way to create emails or send emails to Hubspot so they only appear in the activity feed of the receipients and the particular deal the email relates to?

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @GrahamH,

Currently this is not a functionality of the tool. If you would like to see this implemented in the future, I would recommend searching, or creating an idea in, our ideas forum.

Thank you,
Jenny

GrahamH

Thanks for your response Jenny. This really surprises me as it is such a basic and essential function. Surely a major purpose of a CRM is to filter correspondence by deals, leads, etc. 

gelflex-cc
Recognized Expert

@GrahamH I like your thought and truly want to understand. When I am working on a deal, all contact is about that deal. What activity do you have that is not deal related. 

If you move this to the idea forum, please leave the link here so I can upvote the idea. 

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
JWalczak
Participant

Absolutely agree with @gelflex-cc I may associate a contact with a small deal, but then every single email communication i have with this contact will forever appear in this deal. It doesn't make sense 😕

0 Upvotes