CRM

Kingdon

Asking for initials when trying to import contacts

SOLVE

Hello community,

I'm desperately trying to import my new contacts to Hubspot via a CSV-file, but it wont let me finish untill I type in my initials. I didnt type in any initials when I made the user account (fre CRM version), and I don't know where to find them. I have seen that there is a similar thread, but it doesnt provide any answers as to where I can find my initials/change them.

I hope someone can help!

Best regards

Kingdon

0 Upvotes
3 Accepted solutions
shearn
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

You don't have to set your initials anywhere in the system. You literally just type your initials into the box and then upload your file (unless you're getting an error when you do this?).

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Your intitials are the first letters of your first and last name.

For example my initials are 'RK' for Róisín Kirby. 

0 Upvotes
samphire
Solution

SOLVE

I found out the answer!

You have to select 'true' for all three options that appear above your initials!

Easy!

6 Replies 6
samphire
Solution

SOLVE

I found out the answer!

You have to select 'true' for all three options that appear above your initials!

Easy!

Sucheta_Nair
Participant

SOLVE

I Agree with the setting of all the three options to true worked for me.. But then it seems like bug to me. What if I am going to approach them and not yet spoken? If I select the second option as 'False', then I am not able to import even if I enter my Initials.

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi @Sucheta_Nair please review HubSpot's Acceptable Use Policy here. It is only permissable to add contacts who are expecting to hear from you. 

0 Upvotes
Sucheta_Nair
Participant

SOLVE

Ok. What to do with the contacts which dont know me and I am planning to connect with them like sending cold email. how can I add these to HubSpot?

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Your intitials are the first letters of your first and last name.

For example my initials are 'RK' for Róisín Kirby. 

0 Upvotes
shearn
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

You don't have to set your initials anywhere in the system. You literally just type your initials into the box and then upload your file (unless you're getting an error when you do this?).

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.
0 Upvotes