CRM

TapeArt
メンバー

As a Nonprofit do I create company records when I am just dealing with an individual donor

解決

I am starting a nonprofit. We are importing contacts, many of whom are individuals that will be volunteers/donors/members. These individuals have jobs/companies/titles and often give us work emails, but we do not actually have contact or "sales" with the companies they work at.

Should I be making company records to go with each of these contacts OR just note their job/company in their contact notes? It just seems like it would create a large list of companies that do not actually reflect the workings of the nonprofit.

Thanks so so so so so much.

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
Krystina
解決策
キーアドバイザー | Diamond Partner

As a Nonprofit do I create company records when I am just dealing with an individual donor

解決

Hi @TapeArt 

If there is an individual donor without a company associated - that's okay, but definitely associate a company to that contact if it is relevant (partner, corporate donor)

I would also take it a step further and create a custom property here for donor type

IDing them here as:

- individual donor

- corporate donation

- corporate member

This custom property would kill two birds with one stone as it identifies if they are a member or a single time donor. If the company is the donor or the member I would make sure to create the property at the company level as well and map it across both contact and associated company record.

Finally, I would only add volunteers if they are driving donations or memberships that you want to track and report on. Using custom properties of role for deals brought in by them.

Hope this is helpful!

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Krystina Gillenwater
A B2B Revenue Operations (RevOps) Firm.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 15 Minutes with Krystina »

元の投稿で解決策を見る

2件の返信
Krystina
解決策

解決

Hi @TapeArt 

If there is an individual donor without a company associated - that's okay, but definitely associate a company to that contact if it is relevant (partner, corporate donor)

I would also take it a step further and create a custom property here for donor type

IDing them here as:

- individual donor

- corporate donation

- corporate member

This custom property would kill two birds with one stone as it identifies if they are a member or a single time donor. If the company is the donor or the member I would make sure to create the property at the company level as well and map it across both contact and associated company record.

Finally, I would only add volunteers if they are driving donations or memberships that you want to track and report on. Using custom properties of role for deals brought in by them.

Hope this is helpful!

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Krystina Gillenwater
A B2B Revenue Operations (RevOps) Firm.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 15 Minutes with Krystina »
TapeArt
メンバー

解決

Thank you so much. That does help to clear it up. I was reading a lot of posts about corporate applications for Hubspot that didn't fit my scenario perfectly. But I think you have offered a great solution.

0 いいね!