CRM

smarcher18
Contributor

Archiving a Deal Pipeline?

SOLVE

We briefly used a pipeline to manage strategic partnerships but the way we're thinking about this component of our business has changed a bit and we no longer need the pipeline we created. I can't delete the pipeline because their are Closed Won and Closed Lost deals tied to it. Any ideas or suggestions on what to do here? I don't want to delete the deals.

1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Q: We no longer need the pipeline we created. I don't want to delete the deals.
Any ideas or suggestions on what to do here??

Short A: Archiving? No.

Longer A:

Maybe rename the pipeline to 'UNUSED - previous name', so it's clearly recognized in the portal (i.e., views, lists, workflows, reporting, etc.) as unused. Then reset your default Deals view to exclude the unused pipeline(s) and share it with 'Everyone' before asking them to reset their default Deals view as well.

Not elegant, but gets you to where you need to be -- i.e., keeping the old deals intact, but out of the way.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
frnkr
Participant

SOLVE

Any link for voting this feature?

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @frnkr I was able to find a similar idea here.

I hope this helps.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Lucinda
Contributor

SOLVE

We have the same problem, historic pipelines that have deals associated and can't delete but don't want anyone adding new deals to. 

MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Q: We no longer need the pipeline we created. I don't want to delete the deals.
Any ideas or suggestions on what to do here??

Short A: Archiving? No.

Longer A:

Maybe rename the pipeline to 'UNUSED - previous name', so it's clearly recognized in the portal (i.e., views, lists, workflows, reporting, etc.) as unused. Then reset your default Deals view to exclude the unused pipeline(s) and share it with 'Everyone' before asking them to reset their default Deals view as well.

Not elegant, but gets you to where you need to be -- i.e., keeping the old deals intact, but out of the way.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
THugnet

SOLVE

I have the same issue.

Is it still not possible to archive a pipeline ? 

Thx  

0 Upvotes
TSchmidt1
Participant

SOLVE

Another example of crappy software. 

0 Upvotes
Velipekka
Participant

SOLVE

Heya,

Thank you for the answer Frank!

We are facing the same problem and archiving pipelines would definitely be something we could use in the future. We use pipelines for different sales campaigns and this had proven rather handy to see how many times a single contact has been the target of different campaigns. Do you think archiving pipelines while maintaining the deals is a feature that could be added in the future? And if yes, where should I request this?

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

HubSpot requests that we make suggestions in the ideas area. That's where the product teams look for and quantify interest (using the voting system).

If you report back here we'll upvote as well.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
Velipekka
Participant

SOLVE

Great, thank you! I'll post this in the ideas area or look for a similar request and upvote that.

0 Upvotes