CRM

MSkuse
Contributor

Anyone create Salesforce Campaigns as a custom object in HubSpot?

SOLVE

Hi - we're thinking about making a custom object for Salesforce campaign information (status, date responded, campaign name, and campaign partner) but were wondering if anyone else has tried this yet? We want to be able to segment and report in HS on contacts and their SFDC campaigns.

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
LaurenRyan
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MSkuse! I haven't created campaigns as a custom object before, however, the "Salesforce Campaign IDs" field is included in the integration and will allow you to see which campaigns a contact is associated with in Salesforce. If you need more information, a custom object should solve that for you. I've used custom objects to store form submissions to enhance reporting before. I believe this would work similarly! 🙂

View solution in original post

Adlinn21
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @TInnouvong, I dont have a process doc per se. But I can walk you through what I had to do to get it to work.

1. Create a Custom Object through Hubspot's Dev portal, I called mine 'Campaign Members'. Create required field 'Member ID'
2. Go to SFDC>Setup>Object>Campaign Members. Then create a formula field for the Member ID. (Since the ID field isn't available you have to create it). Call it 'Member ID - 18 Digit'. Formula = CASESAFEID(id)
3. Go to AConnected Apps>SFDC>Sync Custom Object. Choose SFDC Campaign Member Object and sync with the newly created Hubspot Custom Object. Then map the Member ID hubspot field with the SFDC field you created. Then map the other fields. (If you dont have the other fields created yet, like Status, that's ok. You can create those later, and run an Import)
4.After you've setup the sync, then you can create those additional fields in Hubspot, go to the mapping and create the mapping, then go to the Custom Object and run an import from Integration. 

That should do it!

View solution in original post

31 Replies 31
lorenposendek
Participant

SOLVE

This is a really helpful post!

Has anyone tried to recreate the Salesforce Campaign Object in HubSpot Sales Hub without Salesforce? We're attempting to using a custom object and have no issues with the "campaign" and associating contacts/companies, but where we're stuck is tracking the date that the contact or company is associated with the custom object.

Curious if anyone has solved for this?

0 Upvotes
NatMDC
Participant | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

I would need some help about this.
I want to sync SF Campagin with a HubSpot Custom Object.
It's working but i can't associate contacts ...
 I have to sync "campaign member" first ?
thanks

0 Upvotes
Adlinn21
Participant

SOLVE
Associating Contacts to Campaign member records is NOT within hubspots
native functionality. (I know it doesn't make any sense but that's what I
was told...le sigh).

So I added a 3rd party integration called Associ8. It's $100/mo and they
will create that relationship for you....

NatMDC

SOLVE

thanks for your reply,

i will have a look to your 3rd party integration

is it two way sync ? (can i add contact inside a campaign directly from a contact, not with a workflow or a form like the salesforce connector)

also, once i've created a custom objet "campaign" sync with salesforce campagin inside SF connector, i have this setting inside Salesforce connector, that asks me about "contact association"... that's confusing

(and if i activate it, i can't import the custom object, it gives me an error...)

download.png

thanks

0 Upvotes
JMulchrone0
Participant | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Did you ever get anywhere with this? I am trying to do the same thing currently.

0 Upvotes
MSkuse
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi - we're hitting roadblocks even working with a partner on this. The biggest roadblock is with the campaign member object and the HubSpot contact. Contacts can have multiple campaign memberships and statuses, and relating them all in HubSpot the way it's related in Salesforce is just not compatible. 

I'm almost at the point of accepting that we'll have to use a list upload process then use those lists to do my lead scoring and segmentation based on these campaign memberships and activities, but VERY frustrating.

0 Upvotes
JMulchrone0

SOLVE

Thank you. I have tried also but Campaign Member Status doesn't appear to be associated with the  contact or lead objects in SFDC when you try and map custom objects.

0 Upvotes
MSkuse
Contributor

SOLVE

It's not... Campaign Member is actually its own object in Salesforce - a child of the campaign object. That's how one person can have multiple memberships with multiple campaigns, and each membership has its own unique values for status, etc.

0 Upvotes
JMulchrone0

SOLVE

So can we not sync campaign member to a custom Hubspot object? Is this what you have been trying already?

0 Upvotes
Adlinn21
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @MSkuse @LaurenRyan @JMulchrone0 , I was able to sync the Campaign Member object in SFDC to a CDO in Hubspot. This includes important fields like:

-Member ID (Unique identifier)
-Campaign ID

-Member Status

Then associating these records to the Lead ID & Contact ID to create the CDO>CONTACT Association.

Let me know if this is still an issue and I can share my process. (I have not done one for the Campaign Object itself, but considering what I needed was the Campaign Member data to create segments/workflows and not the Campaign alone...this was a better option for me)

Thanks

RyanNWeber
Participant

SOLVE
I did the same thing, and it works flawlessly. I used one of the custom hubspot object creation tools in marketplace, and just had a couple custom field created to house the names of the campaign and parent campaigns since those look-up fields are not natively available to sync to the custom object.

Also happy to help anyone who is looking to do this as well.
TInnouvong
Participant

SOLVE

@RyanNWeber @Adlinn21 Hi, would either of you mind sharing your process or documentation? My team is looking to do the same. Our first use case is utilizing campaign member statuses for lead scoring and nurturing. Thanks!

Adlinn21
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @TInnouvong, I dont have a process doc per se. But I can walk you through what I had to do to get it to work.

1. Create a Custom Object through Hubspot's Dev portal, I called mine 'Campaign Members'. Create required field 'Member ID'
2. Go to SFDC>Setup>Object>Campaign Members. Then create a formula field for the Member ID. (Since the ID field isn't available you have to create it). Call it 'Member ID - 18 Digit'. Formula = CASESAFEID(id)
3. Go to AConnected Apps>SFDC>Sync Custom Object. Choose SFDC Campaign Member Object and sync with the newly created Hubspot Custom Object. Then map the Member ID hubspot field with the SFDC field you created. Then map the other fields. (If you dont have the other fields created yet, like Status, that's ok. You can create those later, and run an Import)
4.After you've setup the sync, then you can create those additional fields in Hubspot, go to the mapping and create the mapping, then go to the Custom Object and run an import from Integration. 

That should do it!

Lmvalerio89
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @Adlinn21 for your help! But did you manage to sync leads? 

I have tried this in a sandbox and noticed that:
  • if the campaign member is a contact in SFDC, the corresponding contact in HubSpot is automatically associated directly with the campaign in HubSpot
  • if the campaign member is a lead in SFDC, the corresponding contact in HubSpot is only associated indirectly through a campaign member record
Any way to get leads directly associated as well? 
Thanks in advance!
0 Upvotes
TInnouvong
Participant

SOLVE

@Lmvalerio89, I tried @Adlinn21's proposed solution as well and ran into the same issue of ONLY Contacts associating with their campaigns. In speaking with Hubspot they said it was only possible to create one association per custom object. They suggested converting Leads to Contacts in Salesforce but that's not feasible for us because we treat records in those objects differently. Still trying to find a solution...Screen Shot 2024-02-12 at 9.41.32 AM.pngssociation can only 

0 Upvotes
Lmvalerio89
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @TInnouvong .

Thanks for your answer! We have to wait then to see if Salesforce/Hubspot upgrade this syncronization.

Have a nice day!

0 Upvotes
RyanNWeber
Participant

SOLVE

I've noticed an issue with my set up for this custom integration, and I'm wondering if you're having the same issue. Does your Hubspot link campaign members to records in Hubspot that are still lead objects back in SFDC? I'm running into an issue where the records that are contacts back in SFDC are associating correctly in Hubspot to their campaign member records, but the lead records are not. 

0 Upvotes
Lmvalerio89
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @RyanNWeber same here. Have you managed to solve it? Thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
RyanNWeber
Participant

SOLVE

Unfortunately, no I wasn't able to ever come up with a scalable solution. You can do manual exports and imports back into Hubspot to make the association, but we are just trying to get as many of our leads converted to contacts/accounts as possible at this point. 

0 Upvotes
Lmvalerio89
Participant

SOLVE

Hy @RyanNWeber 

Thanks for you answer! 

0 Upvotes