Annual revenue insight on company sheet

SOLVE
Occasional Contributor

Hello all,

As you know, Hubspot provides us with company Insights when we create a new contact or company. Sometimes, including in these insights is the annual revenue of the company.

I'm wondering how accurate is this number. From which source does HubSpot take that information ?

Thank you !

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @Immo-tion You can find more information about the Insights database here.  Basically, HubSpot maintains its own database, but relies on information from other commercial and public sources including LinkedIn. As you can imagine, keeping up a database with tens of millions of data point can be challenging. I've fielded questions about (and seen) incorrect data in the past, but for the most part, information is accurate. 

Thank you,

Ed Justen 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @Immo-tion You can find more information about the Insights database here.  Basically, HubSpot maintains its own database, but relies on information from other commercial and public sources including LinkedIn. As you can imagine, keeping up a database with tens of millions of data point can be challenging. I've fielded questions about (and seen) incorrect data in the past, but for the most part, information is accurate. 

Thank you,

Ed Justen 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes

I don't think its' that acurate as I have a list of UK companies, all showing the same (Hubspot defined) annual revenue. Visiting the companies website or LinkedIn provides correct information and in the correct currency.

John

image.png

New Contributor

Hello, 

Exact same problem, we actually figures that this data is wrong in more than 40% of cases, espacially in our spanish subsidiary.

Any updates on the topic ?

Thanks, 

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @areynaud  Thank you for your comment. As it turns out though, there are no updates at this time. 

Ed

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I suggest you keep this open until the data accuracy increases. For folks who find this, I suggest you head over to this thread and help solve the problem.

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Option-to-turn-off-HubSpot-Insights-on-company-record...

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

We have the same problem with the annual revenue. The other properties seem to be filled out with a high level of accuracy by Hubspot, but the annual revenue always seems to be listed as €10.000.000, which is not accurate.

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Wholly inaccurate.

I've yet to see the CRM get it right with any of the companies I have added.  It tends to default to 10 employees and $10M in sales.  For a mom & pop shop?  Yeah, right!

0 Upvotes