CRM

CPresz
Membre | Partenaire solutions Gold

Annual company revenue

Résolue

Hi. 

I am trying create an annual sales objective by client, and for this reason, I would need a way to calculate every single transaction of one client in one year, and add them to a property. 

That way, our sales reps could enter at the beginning of the year, their sales objectives by client, and as the year goes on, the property would automatically calculate the amount of closed deals and add them up, so that we could see how behind we are on sales goals. 

I know there's already a Hubspot property that calculates all the closed/won deals by clients, but they don't have a timeframe. I want them sorted by year.

Thank you so much!

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
Bryantworks
Solution
Conseiller clé | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Annual company revenue

Résolue

Yes, as long as that calculated field is still in the account it'll continue to calculate them.  You just need to make sure your workflow for copying that calculated value to the numerical currency has reenrollment on (so that when the calculation is updated, it updates the numerical as well).

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

4 Réponses
Bryantworks
Solution

Annual company revenue

Résolue

Yes, as long as that calculated field is still in the account it'll continue to calculate them.  You just need to make sure your workflow for copying that calculated value to the numerical currency has reenrollment on (so that when the calculation is updated, it updates the numerical as well).

Bryantworks

Annual company revenue

Résolue

Hey @CPresz (thanks for the tag @TiphaineCuisset),

I've done this for one other client before and we got fancy with calculated properties.  Essentially, you need to make several "Yes/No" fields that we use as a conditional field to trigger a calculation.  Then we create a date based workflow like the following:

Deal Enrollment:

• Deal is in Stage Closed Won and Close Date is between 01/01/2020 and 12/31/2020
  • Set property "2020 Sales Total" to Yes

You would then duplicate the above workflow for every year moving forward, or even backwards if you needed or just preemptively set it up.  

Secondly, you create a calculated property that lives on the company:

Property settings - Google Chrome 2021-05-26 at 7.10.53 AM.jpeg

Do note the condition should be to only calculate deals with the appropriate year flag of "Yes".  Then since calculated properties are not currency numbers, you'll need to create another field for "2020 Revenue" which is a numerical currency field which you would copy the value of the calculated property into that field.  You can then delete the calculated property at the end of the year, which is a good practice as you have this stored on the dedicated yearly properties (and you can only have 5 calculated fields on Pro, 15 on Enterprise).

This is a bit long I realize, but works well when implemented!  Do let me know if you have any questions.

CPresz

Annual company revenue

Résolue

Hi @Bryantworks 

Thank you so much for this! Will definitely be trying this out today.

My only concern though - will the property be able to add up every single one of the transactions, as they come? Let's say we have a goal of 300K sales for one of our clients, and YTD sold approximately 125K. We still have 175K to go. Therefore, next time we create a deal that's sold, will the property be able to add up that transaction amount, and so on?

Thank you!

Chloee

0 Votes
TiphaineCuisset
Gestionnaire de communauté
Gestionnaire de communauté

Annual company revenue

Résolue

Hi @CPresz 

Thank you for reaching out!

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @Josh @Bryantworks @jonchim do you have any workaround for @CPresz on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Votes