CRM

MMetros5
Contributeur

Anatomy of the Hubspot <> Salesforce Sync for Contacts

When syncing a new contact to hubspot from salesforce we are seeing the validation error for "Account Required". Why isn't Hubspot creating new accounts with the contact they are inserting into the database?

I am looking to understand how the sync works with Contact and Company creation. 

Questions:

1. Does Hubspot create a new company associated to every net new contact?

2. How does Hubspot match a new company with an existing company?

3. How can I ensure that everytime a contact is synced into Salesforce for the first time that a company is associated with the contact?

4. What happens if they come from LinkedIn with a personal email address but have a company tied to it

Overall, the sync seems like a black box. Where can I get exact details on how this works?

0 Votes
3 Réponses
MMetros5
Contributeur

@Aakar 

@JenWeiss 

@Oezcan 

@StefaniUAT 

What if the website is an @gmail.com and there is no company website?

0 Votes
Aakar
Conseiller clé

Hi @MMetros5 

Here's what HubSpot says:
When Create a lead is selected in the Creating leads/contacts section, it is advised to turn off the setting to automatically create and associate companies with contacts in HubSpot. Salesforce leads do not have accounts, and the Salesforce integration uses associated contacts to deduplicate companies, not the domain. When a HubSpot contact is initially created as Salesforce lead with no account, as soon as you manually create an account or convert the lead to a contact in Salesforce, a duplicate company will be created in HubSpot.

I'd suggest looking into the following articles, you'll find the solution:

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost
JenWeiss
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @MMetros5

Thank you so much for reaching out! 

I wanted to tag some of our champions here @StefaniUAT@Aakar , and  @Oezcan to get some insight on the sync between HubSpot and Salesforce. 

Best, 

@JenWeiss 

Whether you're a student or a lifelong learner. Join StudentSpot to be inspired.
0 Votes