CRM

MattLM

Allowing multiple owners of records

SOLVE

Hi 

I have a need for certain companies and contacts to be recorded as having multiple owners.  Is this possible?

Thanks

Matthew 

1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

@akille,

Yes, the permissions will work. Check out the article I posted in the initial response, specifically the section that states "As an added bonus, permissions respect custom owner properties. So, in the above case, as the BDR owner of a deal, Jen Smith would get access to that record."

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
BrianCarter
Contributor

SOLVE

Hey Matthew,

Reiterating the previous response as the appropriate solution. We have a similar need here, where a Deal can have two owners. I created a custom field for "Additional Deal Owner" and have been able to use it in our reports quite well.

Best,

Brian Carter

Josh

SOLVE

Hi @MattLM,

Yes, you can do this using Custom Owner Properties. Here's an article.

I hope that helps!

Josh

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.

akille
Participant

SOLVE

Does this approach work with permissions? For instance if a user can only edit contacts they own and they are assigned the "Additional Owner" in a custom property, will permissions recognize this?

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

@akille,

Yes, the permissions will work. Check out the article I posted in the initial response, specifically the section that states "As an added bonus, permissions respect custom owner properties. So, in the above case, as the BDR owner of a deal, Jen Smith would get access to that record."

Josh 

Josh Curcio