CRM

KateFoy
Teilnehmer/-in

Allow users to edit Right sidebar again

lösung

I would like to turn off/reset the default sidebar on the right on the Company view. Is there a way to do this? I want my users to be able to move the cards around manually again. I have not touched the default option on any of my other objects and they can still move cards, and same with my sandbox. I did not realize that setting a default would lock them from being able to edit and I would like to undo that!

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
kvlschaefer
Lösung
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @KateFoy,

Thank you for reaching out!

I wanted to share this help article with you regarding customizing the right sidebar. 

It states that "once saved, the selected cards will appear in the specified order on all records of the object. Users cannot adjust the order of the cards on an individual record." So the order will reflect the same for everyone."

It's currently not possible to reset the right sidebar, however, you can delete the customized sidebar and create a new one for your users.  I would suggest reviewing how your team would like the sidebar to look, deleting the current one, and creating a new one based on their feedback. 

If you would like to see a reset feature, I would highly recommend you to please post this product suggestion at our ideas forum.

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well. 

Thank you,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

2 Antworten
kvlschaefer
Lösung
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @KateFoy,

Thank you for reaching out!

I wanted to share this help article with you regarding customizing the right sidebar. 

It states that "once saved, the selected cards will appear in the specified order on all records of the object. Users cannot adjust the order of the cards on an individual record." So the order will reflect the same for everyone."

It's currently not possible to reset the right sidebar, however, you can delete the customized sidebar and create a new one for your users.  I would suggest reviewing how your team would like the sidebar to look, deleting the current one, and creating a new one based on their feedback. 

If you would like to see a reset feature, I would highly recommend you to please post this product suggestion at our ideas forum.

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well. 

Thank you,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
KateFoy
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Thanks @kvlschaefer! I had seen the article, but not until after I had changed the default, unfortunately. I wasn't planning on customizing the sidebar for each team quite yet as having each person set theirs individually was still working well, but I guess I will have to move it up in priority!