HubSpot Ideas

DebSchleede

Allow for "Phone Number" format on Custom Properties

Many organizations need more than 2 "Phone Number" properties on various objects, and some objects have NO Phone Number properties available. Currently the workaround is to add a custom property with field type of "text" or "number" .... but the formatting is useless and confusing. It also does not work with any dialer tools.

Please add "Phone Number" as a custom field type, or add "Phone Number" format option to the Number field type. 

30 Replies
ChrisDellen
Participant | Partner

Yes please.

KLamothe

This would really help when trying to import custom objects as well. 

CDupuis
Participant

Please! This would be a huge help. 

PKirova
Contributor

We definately need this functionality.

tko
Contributor

As a CRM, Hubspot should definitely offer this option. It would be much easier.

tko
Contributor

JoeBurchard
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

I am also running into a need for this option!

AdrianP

Arrived here after seeing that the Phone field type exists but finding I couldn't use it for custom fields. Bummer. 

TDerby

Yes, pleaseeeeee!

KyleSt

I also need this. Kind of shocking that this isn't a feature to be honest. I just want to call one number "Work Phone" and the other "Personal Phone" because that matches our workflow. I'm just getting started with Hubspot, but this might be a dealbreaker for me because if this basic level of customization is not possible, what else will I discover I can't do later on? 

ASeijo5

We need this so so much!! We have the need for up to 5 # 's for a company or a contact and this functionality is just NOT available! 

ARiedel7

Yes please add the option to create custom phone properties for example we have the company phone as company properties which can be something like a main H!Q line, then a contact property default phone number can be the local office where the contact works, then mobile phone if we have the contacts mobile line, but sometimes we have the Direct work phone number and currently there is no way to add that custom phone field, except as a text string, which is useless to use on the Hubspot Dialer.

CChristenson2

Yes, please add this feature. After recently adding a SMS integration to HubSpot it would be helpful to keep the opted-in mobile number seperate from any additional mobile numbers a contact has.

joelgrossman
Participant

Ugh, yes. Such a strange missing feature. We have forms that request other phone numbers that are now pretty close to useless for us because they're just dumb text strings that cannot be acted on.

JHoel

We need this too!

MBridgers
Participant

This is a huge obvious miss by Hubspot. I have a customer object and cannot add a phone number field??

ChrisDellen
Participant | Partner
There is a new Beta that allows for custom phone number creation!
MBridgers
Participant

@ChrisDellen do tell! How can we get access to this?

ChrisDellen
Participant | Partner

In your portal, if you:

1) Click on the drop down in the upper right, the name of your organization.

2) Click on Product Update

3) Click on Betas (left hand side of screen)

4) Scroll down to [Public Beta] Phone Number Property Type and opt in (I believe you need to be a super admin to opt-in to Betas)

Good Luck!

MBridgers
Participant
Thank you! I'll try it.