Allow Public View option for Contacts module not available

ivica
Participant

I just started to use Hubspot, and I was testing some options as admin and only user in Hubspot.

So, for test purposes I disabled Alow Public View for Contacts module, and when I disabled, it didn't only disabled this option, but also completly removed it from UI!
So, my question is how I can bring this option back to UI.

Once again, I am only user for my company in Hubspot and also I am admin user, so I should be able to see all options.
Similar issue is reported by other user some time ago, but without resolution:https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Sales-Integrations/Change-Public-View-Login-Setting/m-p/33347#M243Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 7.39.27 AM.png

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @ivica,

The "Allow Public View" toggle is only available to portals that are integrated with Salesforce. Could I please ask why you're looking to have access to the public view of the contact records? This information will be very helpful for our Product team to know!

Thanks,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
ivica
Participant

Hi @jennysowyrda,
I am not looking for integration with SalesForce, but I want to develop plugin to connect Hubspot with different CRM system, and that is why Allowing Public View is important, so CRM users can see contact activity history directly in CRM(usig iframe probably), without need to login into hubspot.
I know that this details contain less information then when you are logged directly into Hubspot, but these information are still usefull. And users do not need to have Hubsot account, to be able to se some contact activity history, which is also important.

That is why I think that beeing able to check "Allow Public View" back to true is important. 
For example some Hubspot might want to use this integration with CRM, however, they disabled this option earlier, and there are no way to set it back easy. There was API endpoint earlier to change hubspot settings, including this field via HubSpot API, but seems like it is removed recently.

I hope that I was clear why this is important for our integration. If you have any additional questions, please let me know!

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Thanks for the detailed information @ivica!

You can iframe the contact record into an external system; the only difference is that the user will need to be logged into HubSpot as well. This is the best workaround for the moment in terms of implementing this set up. 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
ivica
Participant

Well, is there are no way to turn Allow Public Access again, once it is turned off?
If we have in sugarcrm for example 50 users, not all crm users need to have hubspot access. That is why this feature is usable, I just need details how to turn it on again, once they are tuned off.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @ivica,

I confirmed with the Support team that currently the toggle cannot be restorred to portals. It is being sunset as a feature across all portals (while I don't have a timeline on that, it is on their radar). Using the iframe option with the contact record option will be your best option. 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes