CRM

Mattw123
Membre

Align Company owner to contact Owner

Résolue

Hi all,

could someone explain the best way to ensure that a Contact owner always matches the Comapny owner in CRM?

(we use Sales professional)

We have a number of contacts I need to reassign to a different owner but doesn't auto assign the company to the same owner

What's the best way to always ensure the owner is the same ?

Many thanks

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
karstenkoehler
Solution
Au panthéon de la communauté | Partenaire solutions

Résolue

Hi @Mattw123,

This can be achieved with a simple contact-based workflow:

karstenkoehler_0-1627027634383.png

It's important to click on "Contact enrollment trigger" and, in the "Re-enrollment" tab enable the above setting. (HubSpot interprets "known" as "has changed", too.) When the owner changes, HubSpot will re-enroll the contact and re-update the company owner.

This of course works also in the opposite direction, with a company-based workflow. Here as well you'd have to keep in mind the re-enrollment.

karstenkoehler_1-1627027771887.png

You'll notice that you would have to decide on direction here. If you create both, this might create a loop.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions, happy to help!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

4 Réponses
SMoyse
Participant

Résolue

It would be better if you could choose to enroll them only if the Contact Owner doesn't match the associated Company Owner.... but it looks like that isn't possible. 

0 Votes
SMoyse
Participant

Résolue

Doesn't this mean virtually every single Contact will always be enrolled in this workflow? 

0 Votes
Mattw123
Membre

Résolue

Many thanks - this has worked so much appreciated 

0 Votes
karstenkoehler
Solution

Résolue

Hi @Mattw123,

This can be achieved with a simple contact-based workflow:

karstenkoehler_0-1627027634383.png

It's important to click on "Contact enrollment trigger" and, in the "Re-enrollment" tab enable the above setting. (HubSpot interprets "known" as "has changed", too.) When the owner changes, HubSpot will re-enroll the contact and re-update the company owner.

This of course works also in the opposite direction, with a company-based workflow. Here as well you'd have to keep in mind the re-enrollment.

karstenkoehler_1-1627027771887.png

You'll notice that you would have to decide on direction here. If you create both, this might create a loop.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions, happy to help!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.