Align Company owner to contact Owner

SOLVE
Mattw123

Hi all,

could someone explain the best way to ensure that a Contact owner always matches the Comapny owner in CRM?

(we use Sales professional)

We have a number of contacts I need to reassign to a different owner but doesn't auto assign the company to the same owner

What's the best way to always ensure the owner is the same ?

Many thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Most Valuable Member

Hi @Mattw123,

This can be achieved with a simple contact-based workflow:

karstenkoehler_0-1627027634383.png

It's important to click on "Contact enrollment trigger" and, in the "Re-enrollment" tab enable the above setting. (HubSpot interprets "known" as "has changed", too.) When the owner changes, HubSpot will re-enroll the contact and re-update the company owner.

This of course works also in the opposite direction, with a company-based workflow. Here as well you'd have to keep in mind the re-enrollment.

karstenkoehler_1-1627027771887.png

You'll notice that you would have to decide on direction here. If you create both, this might create a loop.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions, happy to help!

Karsten Köhler
Freelance Digital Marketing Advisor

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Most Valuable Member

Hi @Mattw123,

This can be achieved with a simple contact-based workflow:

karstenkoehler_0-1627027634383.png

It's important to click on "Contact enrollment trigger" and, in the "Re-enrollment" tab enable the above setting. (HubSpot interprets "known" as "has changed", too.) When the owner changes, HubSpot will re-enroll the contact and re-update the company owner.

This of course works also in the opposite direction, with a company-based workflow. Here as well you'd have to keep in mind the re-enrollment.

karstenkoehler_1-1627027771887.png

You'll notice that you would have to decide on direction here. If you create both, this might create a loop.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions, happy to help!

Karsten Köhler
Freelance Digital Marketing Advisor

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Mattw123

Many thanks - this has worked so much appreciated 

0 Upvotes