CRM

TPelosi
Participant

Alert on Deals past close date

SOLVE

Hi

Trying to get our HubSpotters organised with no intervention from myself.

I want them to get a daily (annoying) alert if their deal is past it's close date so we have a more accurate view of our pipeline and sales targets.  Anyone know if this is possible rather than me doing it manually?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @TPelosi,

This would require a Professional subscription with access to HubSpot workflows (Menu > Automation > Workflows). A deal-based workflow could look like this:

karstenkoehler_6-1667401269309.png

You could repeat the reminder + delay step for as many times as you'd like. Make sure to enable re-enrollment for "Close date is more than 0 days" ago and set the workflow unenrollment criteria as follows:

karstenkoehler_4-1667401235638.png

As a disclaimer, I haven't tested this exact setup and would recommend you do, by enrolling a specific test deal (by Deal name), assigned to you, testing the internal email notification when you move the Close date into the past.

Alternatively, with access to Operations Hub Professional, you could schedule a workflow to run each morning.

Without a Professional subscription, this cannot be achieved natively, as far as I know.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
christopher-RVO
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@TPelosi  Alternatively - you could build this as a report, and have this sent daily to all of the reps that display the deals that have an expired close date. This would be a secondary solution that wouldn't require you to build a workflow in case you aren't on a professional package. 

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8

0 Upvotes
TPelosi
Participant

SOLVE

I kind of have this now but my challenge (new problem) is that I can't get HS to understand the "deals close date is before TODAY",  where I have to manually update the TODAY part so that it finds new deals past close date

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @TPelosi,

This would require a Professional subscription with access to HubSpot workflows (Menu > Automation > Workflows). A deal-based workflow could look like this:

karstenkoehler_6-1667401269309.png

You could repeat the reminder + delay step for as many times as you'd like. Make sure to enable re-enrollment for "Close date is more than 0 days" ago and set the workflow unenrollment criteria as follows:

karstenkoehler_4-1667401235638.png

As a disclaimer, I haven't tested this exact setup and would recommend you do, by enrolling a specific test deal (by Deal name), assigned to you, testing the internal email notification when you move the Close date into the past.

Alternatively, with access to Operations Hub Professional, you could schedule a workflow to run each morning.

Without a Professional subscription, this cannot be achieved natively, as far as I know.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

TPelosi
Participant

SOLVE

I think I have Pro subscription but I'll give it a whirl in the next few days, thank you!

0 Upvotes
Malcolm_Chiu
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Anthony, I have done some extensive work to help one of my cusotmers to track and address major issues with "Past Due" Deal Close Dates i.e. "Close dates in the past", and I will be open to share what I've done and offer you some free-advice.  You can message me directly.

0 Upvotes
AKalkantova

SOLVE

Hi Malcolm, I would love to hear more about what you have done for your customer, can you message me? Thanks!

0 Upvotes