CRM

EvanaShankar

Advice on workflow and CRM?

SOLVE

Hi everyone, I need some advice on setting up an extremely basic CRM. All comments welcome!

I have an employee whose job it is to reply to journalist queries. She does a great job of getting media mentions, but we could be getting more from the contacts she's developing.

I would like her to follow up with these journalists to try to get mentioned in the next article they write.

This is how I'd like it to go... 

1. She replies to the journalist. Hopefully the journalist uses her quote.

2. She marks the contact as successful if we got a mention.

3. Wait 30 days.

4. If successful, send an email to the journalist saying "can I help with any articles you're writing?" Hopefully this will lead to another mention.

5. If the journalist replies to this second email, we reset the clock and wait another 60 days before emailing again. If the journalist doesn't reply, strike the journalist from the list and don't contact them again.

At the moment she's uses a really simple Google Sheet to figure this out. But she's not being consistent and the system just isn't working.

She's using a google email, so we should be able to link it into any CRM. It seems like a really basic functionality, but I just can't get my head around how to set this up. She's also not tech-savvy at all, so it has to be super-simple.

Any ideas on how to do this? Or at least which software we should be looking at?

Thanks in advance!!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
ConnorSlivensky
Solution
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi Evana,

I believe Tasks are the best way to keep this organized. Under the heading " Create Tasks when logging an email or call" you will see the process which is very user-friendly. There is also an option to create a follow-up task which is what I would use to set your 30/60 day reminders.

Let me know if you have any questions.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
ConnorSlivensky
Solution

SOLVE

Hi Evana,

I believe Tasks are the best way to keep this organized. Under the heading " Create Tasks when logging an email or call" you will see the process which is very user-friendly. There is also an option to create a follow-up task which is what I would use to set your 30/60 day reminders.

Let me know if you have any questions.

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @EvanaShankar,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. 

I want to tag a few subject matter experts so they can share their opinion.

@ConnorSlivensky , @MarianaG , @Mike_Eastwood could you share a few recommendations about the CRM & Sales setup that could be helpful in Evana's case? 

Thank you

Mia

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings