CRM

GCooke3

Advice for set up

SOLVE

Hi there,

I'm a publicist - was hoping to use this CRM to keep tabs of my media contacts and campaigns.

With my role I work on multiple different campaigns at once, so I'll be pitching to journalists on multiple projects. I'm wondering if the deal functionality will be suitable for this?

Would I have to set up multiple deals per contact? Is this even possible? For some contacts I will pitch coverage to them on 20 campaigns across a period of a few months. Any advice on how I set this up?

Thanks in advance for your assistance

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jonno_Price
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

Advice for set up

SOLVE

Hi @GCooke3 , apologies for the delay in responding here. 

This is a very interesting question and if very honest I'm not sure! If I was in your shoes I'd want to play around a bit with the different options to find the best solution.

The reason simply is the volume of deals you mention - "pitch coverage to them on 20 campaigns across a period of a few months"  it could become a bit too much of a burden to keep the admin properly updated if manually creating a deal for each journalist your reach out to for each campaign. You could be looking at creating and updating hundreds of deals per campaign (assuming you reach out to dozens of journos on each campaign. To keep the pipeline neat and accurate at the end of each campaign ideally you'd be updating the deal stages to Closed Won and Closed Lost based on outcome.

That said, it is indeed possible. You can attach multiple deals to each contact (and company if you're also using that object). 

In this kind of scenario I wonder if using the list function might be better? e.g. you have a list for each campaign that you add all of the journos you pitch to. Then only for those that progress do you create a "deal"? 

Another option to consider is a workflow/automation that auto creates deals in a pipeline triggered from a list.  E.g. you could have a deal property with campaign name and a workflow that creates a deal with the relevant campaign name property updated based off of a list you create of journos pitched. (if that makes sense!)

Anyway - I hope you find a solution that works and that I've not confused you with my post!

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.
Platinum Hubspot Solutions Partner

Did my post help answer your query? Please help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Jonno_Price
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

Advice for set up

SOLVE

Hi @GCooke3 - if going the route of lists you could have a list of everyone pitched for each campaign - then if you get a positive or interested response a deal is created and you add them to a pipeline. Closed Won is for anything published. You could also have another list for each campaign which is for anyone who has declined. You remove contacts who decline from the invited list and add them to the declined list. 

For reasons or detail that would be on the contact record, presumably in the email correspondence or call notes. 

So in the end you'd have 4 reference points for each campaign: 
- a list of everyone invited
- a list of people who declined
- a pipeline with interested 
- closed won deals in the pipeline where something made it over the finish line

Hope that helps!

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.

Did my post help answer your query? Please help the community by marking it as a solution.

Jonno_Price
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

Advice for set up

SOLVE

Hi @GCooke3 , apologies for the delay in responding here. 

This is a very interesting question and if very honest I'm not sure! If I was in your shoes I'd want to play around a bit with the different options to find the best solution.

The reason simply is the volume of deals you mention - "pitch coverage to them on 20 campaigns across a period of a few months"  it could become a bit too much of a burden to keep the admin properly updated if manually creating a deal for each journalist your reach out to for each campaign. You could be looking at creating and updating hundreds of deals per campaign (assuming you reach out to dozens of journos on each campaign. To keep the pipeline neat and accurate at the end of each campaign ideally you'd be updating the deal stages to Closed Won and Closed Lost based on outcome.

That said, it is indeed possible. You can attach multiple deals to each contact (and company if you're also using that object). 

In this kind of scenario I wonder if using the list function might be better? e.g. you have a list for each campaign that you add all of the journos you pitch to. Then only for those that progress do you create a "deal"? 

Another option to consider is a workflow/automation that auto creates deals in a pipeline triggered from a list.  E.g. you could have a deal property with campaign name and a workflow that creates a deal with the relevant campaign name property updated based off of a list you create of journos pitched. (if that makes sense!)

Anyway - I hope you find a solution that works and that I've not confused you with my post!

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.

GCooke3

Advice for set up

SOLVE

Thanks so much Jonno. Yeah I'm still a bit puzzled on how to best set it up. If I set it up as a list but I get feedback on someone declining a campaign, would that still allow me to store that feedback somewhere? Because ideally I'd need a place to quickly look at all that progress and see all the progress and declines I've received.

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Advice for set up

SOLVE

Thanks for tagging us @PamCotton/.

Hi @GCooke3 , we create deals pipleines to keep the tab on our opportunitues. So here you will be pitiching multiple projects to your 'clients' and see how the discussion goes on through various stages? Am I getting this right.  If so, yes, I will advise you to create a deal pipeline and craete deals for the opportunities. 
And you ofcourse can associate these deals to the contacts. Also, multiple deals to a single contact.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Advice for set up

SOLVE

Hello, @GCooke3 great question! I will add some top experts to share their ideas, @Jonno_Price @webdew any suggestions to @GCooke3?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !