CRM

janneojs
メンバー

Adding tags to contacts

解決

In our previous CRM we used tags, which we added to contacts (eg. joined certain webinar etc). In HubSpot we converted those tags into a new property which is  Checkboxes (Select multiple options).

It worked well until we started to bulk add new categories to contacts. Doing this removes the previous tags.

Is there an alternative to keep adding tags to contacts, without removing the previous ones?

1件の承認済みベストアンサー
karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

Adding tags to contacts

解決

Hi @janneojs,

Could you share which information you're updating? I'm asking because there are different ways to approach this.

For example, workflow allow to set a property value and append instead of replace it. This can be used to copy and append information from a form field property to a "backend" property.

There are also ways to update multiple checkboxes via import: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/import-data-to-checkbox-properties

Last but not least there is also an inofficial HubSpot companion product called HubTags.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

15件の返信
RPRODUCTION
メンバー

Adding tags to contacts

解決

Hey Guy

Your label item is fascinating 🙂

Keep thinking about whether it could settle an issue I have while making and putting together contacts/organizations.

I'm working with different classifications/labels and might want to have sub labels that possibly shows up assuming a specific fundamental tag is applied to a particular contact.
Ex. Contact is labeled with "Sports" and this will aneable a predefined rundown of sub labels "Football" " Handball" "Tumbling" and so on. Optional sub tag would likewise be a need, so that "Gymanstics" would open one more sub label list with "Bar" "Trampolin" and so on.

Could this be conceivable with HubTags?
best soccer balls.png

GuyTaylor
ガイド役

Adding tags to contacts

解決

@RPRODUCTION thank you.

Yes, I think this is possible. After you apply the 'Sports' tag a list of subtags is presented e.g. Footbal, Handball, etc.

I attached some images. Is this the basic idea?

Frame 482.pngFrame 481.png

YBrüggemann
メンバー

Adding tags to contacts

解決

Hi GuyTaylor! Since HubTag is no longer avaiable, are there any other options to add tags to a contact now?

Thanks!

0 いいね!
NEarle
参加者

Adding tags to contacts

解決

Hi Guy, I am new to hubspot. I want to manually tag some of my contacts to make lists for internal purposes. Eg. I want to tag those I know to be advocates of our brand. Is downloading HubTags the best way to go about this?

GuyTaylor
ガイド役

Adding tags to contacts

解決

Hi @NEarle, sure a good question.

Native HubSpot or HubTags, both should work.

The primary difference is the visual and user experience, but in the end they both do roughly the same thing.

Lets say you want to tag a contact with 'red' just as an example. Both native HubSpot and Hubtags will work - image below.

You can than create a list of these 'red' contacts regardless of which method you use.

Spot vs Tags.png

Gratefully,
Guy

0 いいね!
MilesHeadStart
投稿者

Adding tags to contacts

解決

Hi there Guy, I'm wondering how to get this subtagging structure using HubTags for a similar setup above. It would be really helpful to separate parent tags from children tags (if that makes sense.) Is this feature live in HubTags currently?

GuyTaylor
ガイド役

Adding tags to contacts

解決

Thanks @MilesHeadStart, I am open to building this feature. Could you please send me a message via the chat widget on my website: HubTags.io.

I would like to discuss this just a bit more with you.

Guy | HubTags.io | LinkedHub.io

0 いいね!
MilesHeadStart
投稿者

Adding tags to contacts

解決

Will do! Spent a long night in HubSpot so retiring for now until morning but eager to start applying HubTags. I'll message you on the site in the AM (even though that's technically already begun)

0 いいね!
NBihelek
メンバー

Adding tags to contacts

解決

Hello Guy,

I am looking for something similar and was wondering if this could work in my. Specific case.

I use LiveWebinar integration to add contacts to Hubspot, but I have to create a new list for each webinar i run, which is a pain. If there was a way to just use tags to save the name of each webinar using the map fields option in LiveWebinar it would save a lot of work.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Nagui

GuyTaylor
ガイド役

Adding tags to contacts

解決

Hi @NBihelek, thanks for the question.

You are correct that LiveWebinar sends contacts directly to a HubSpot list. This requires that you have a HubSpot list. To keep things organized you probably create a seperate list for each webinar. The process of creating a new HubSpot list for every webinar would get tiresome, I can see that.

This process is controlled and is between LiveWebinar and HubSpot, I'm afraid HubTags cannot effect this. We would have to be integrated directly with LiveWebinar which we are not.

I'm not sure this would be any better than creating a list for each webinar but there appears to be a second option.

Only have one HubSpot list > send all the contacts from your webinars to this one list. To organize the contacts within this list you can create a custom property > name it something like 'Webinars' > you will need to populate this proprety with all your webinar names >  the form people fill out when registaring for your webinar will have a drop down and they can select the webinar name.

Video demo: https://youtu.be/yZyBfWV10v8

I can see how this isn't much better because you must populate/update the webinar property, but figured I would metion just in case.

Guy Taylor | HubTags.io | LinkedHub.io

0 いいね!
GuyTaylor
ガイド役

Adding tags to contacts

解決

Hi @MortenU, sounds like a interesting idea. 

I don't have a sub tag feature at the moment, but I'am open to learning more and possibly building such a feature. Here is how your filter would look in HubTags at this time (no subtag feature):

Sports.png

With a sub tag feature I would click 'gymnastics' to access a new list of tags where I can add things like bar or trampoline. Is this roughly the idea? The advantage to sub tags is things are more organized, is that right? Would you share with me the all the different ways this is helpful plz. 

0 いいね!
GuyTaylor
ガイド役

Adding tags to contacts

解決

Hi @janneojs, a good question.

@karstenkoehler suggestions seem spot on to me. I will just add a few thoughts and also ask how exactly did you 'bulk add new categories'? Depending on this answer there might be a super quick solution that doesn't require any extra products or know-how.

I work on a product called HubTags. This gives you a multiple-select checkbox property. You can bulk add new tags to this proprety without removing any of the existing tags. The tags that you bulk upload can be applied to the desired contacts at the same time. Here is a image our import feature:

Import directions.png

Guy Taylor | linkedhub.io

MortenU
メンバー

Adding tags to contacts

解決

Hi Guy

Your tag product is interesting 🙂

Wonder if it might solve an issue I have when creating and organising contacts/companies.

I am working with multiple categories/tags and would like to have sub tags that only appears if a certain main tag is applied to a specific contact.
Ex. Contact is tagged with "Sports" and this will aneable a predefined list of sub tags "Football" " Handball" "Gymnastics" etc. Secondary sub tag would also be a need, so that "Gymanstics" would open another sub tag list with "Bar" "Trampolin" etc.

Would this be possible with HubTags?

karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

Adding tags to contacts

解決

Hi @janneojs,

Could you share which information you're updating? I'm asking because there are different ways to approach this.

For example, workflow allow to set a property value and append instead of replace it. This can be used to copy and append information from a form field property to a "backend" property.

There are also ways to update multiple checkboxes via import: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/import-data-to-checkbox-properties

Last but not least there is also an inofficial HubSpot companion product called HubTags.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

AlvaroGMPPros
参加者

Adding tags to contacts

解決

Hi Karsten, 

I was looking at your answer for this post because I am looking for something similar. 

You mentioned HubTags being and unofficial companion, is this something risky regarding the safety of the information shared? 

I am asking because this post was almost 10 months ago and HubTags has not being added to the marketplace.