CRM

BassetE

Adding tags to companies / contacts

SOLVE

Is there a way to add tags to companies and contacts I add into the crm. For instance here are a few ones I'd want to use for organizational purposes

+ B2B

+ B2C

+ Email

+ Blogger

From here I could then just search my CRM for all companies / contacts that fall into each tag.

Thanks!

1 Accepted solution
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @BassetE,

You can use Personas to "tag" each type. This allows you to further segment your efforts. You could also add a custom contact and Company property (2 total) and use this to filter off of. 

Does this solve your issue?

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
WSHAMBLEY

SOLVE

unlimited tags would be great.  IE annual output, manufacturing processes, "green" attitude, etc.

0 Upvotes
GuyTaylor
Guide

SOLVE

Hi @BassetE,

I can see the right solutions has been proposed for your challenge. Still, I'm working on something to make it even easier to use tags.

Would be happy for your input or to try us out. Details here: HubTags 

Guy | linkedhub.io 

StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @BassetE,

You can use Personas to "tag" each type. This allows you to further segment your efforts. You could also add a custom contact and Company property (2 total) and use this to filter off of. 

Does this solve your issue?

Best,
Stefani Johnson
GFowler

SOLVE

Hi @StefaniUAT 

Futher to your above response to @BassetE , where exactly can you use Personas to 'tag' words against a company? I can't seem to see any option in company properties for this?

Thank you

Gavin

0 Upvotes
StefaniUAT
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @GFowler, it has been a whileeee since I created this reply. However, I think there are many issues to solve this issue, depending on use case.

A. You could use Persona (contacts) to tag the custom options - in this case + B2B, + B2C, + Email, and + Blogger. This should allow for reporting on contacts and associated companies but I have personally never tried this. 

B. You could also create a custom Company property - let's say "Company Persona" or "Custom Company Type", etc. and add these options.

C. Alternatively, the best option seems to be to create a custom DEAL property that would associate the contacts and companies together for the smoothest result. However, that assumes your contacts are indeed associated with the company through deals. 

Best,
Stefani Johnson