Adding "Deal Stage" to the properties in a way that it will automatically populate

lr6
New Contributor

Hi.  I would like to be able to filter my companies by "deal stage".  However I can't find this property.  I don't want to add it manually because that will require one extra bit of data to be entered every single time a deal is made.  I would prefer if I could create the category, but it would be filled in with the information automatically since HubSpot can already see which deal stage each company is in.  Any advice?  Thank you!

0 Upvotes
5 Replies
Community Manager

Hi @lr6  Welcome to the community. Deal stage is a filter option (see attached). Were you not able to see it in your filter options?

deal_stage.png

Ed 

INBOUND 2017 is just around the corner. Find out more at inbound.com or check out the post on the main Community page.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
lr6
New Contributor

Hi Ed - Thanks for the reply.  I'm able to see that option on the DEALS page, but I would like to use that information to sort on the COMPANIES page and it won't let me access that property.  Any way to fix that?

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @lr6

If you want to be able to the deal stage directly from the company record, I would recommend adding a custom company property and then using that to denote the deal stage. From the company records, the built in property you could use for this would be "associated deals", but that will just give you the number of associated deals, not the deal stage. 

Thank you,

Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
lr6
New Contributor

Jenny, that sounds like a good idea but I want it to populate automatically.  Is that possible?  I want it to pull the information for deal stage and I don't want to have to enter it AGAIN under that extra property.  Does that make sense?

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @lr6

Right now the only way that would be possible would be through workflows, which is not associated with the Sales subscriptions. For more information on workflows, this article outlines their functionalities, which includes updating properties in bulk. 

Thank you, 
Jenny

0 Upvotes