CRM

EFlack
Contributor

Adding contacts and matching to multiple check boxes

SOLVE

Hi

I'm trying to add a list of my clients, all of whom subscribe to a combination of different services with us. I've created a Services dropdown in HS and have a data dump that contains client name, email and then a column per service with YES NO options if they have this particular service.  Is there a way (relatively simple to follow) to update clients for the various combination of services they take. Is it a case of creating a property per service rather than a multiple check box?

Thanks in advance

Data example 

EFlack_0-1616676606764.png 

EFlack_1-1616676697921.png

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EFlack,

If you want to import multiple values into one property, you can find a great instruction here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/import-data-to-checkbox-properties

Any value not included in a cell would be unchecked in HubSpot.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
EFlack
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks for all your help - this has worked perfectly

AdamLPW
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @EFlack,

You could certainly create a property per product; however it might be easier to create a Multiple Checkboxes property.  The options are relatively self-explanatory, but will look something like this:

AdamLPW_0-1616677678543.png

And you'll then be able to filter Contacts or Companies in the usual way, based on the content of those checkboxes, i.e.:

AdamLPW_1-1616677754088.png

Hope this helps.

🙂

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"
EFlack
Contributor

SOLVE

Hey

Thanks for the help and it does look pretty self - explanatory. However, (sorry a VERY newbie to all this) what the best way to import the data from the CSV file? Would a work flow work for this? 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EFlack,

If you want to update this for the contacts, then I'd recommend to have one multiple checkboxes property that keeps track of all options – not multiple Y/N properties. It's usually easier to maintain (in filters, reports, imports/exports etc).

If you want to contacts to be able to update this themselves, there are two ways to approach this.

One option would be to set this up with actual subscription types in HubSpot: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/how-do-subscription-preferences-and-types-work This would allow recipients of your emails to click the "Manage preferences" link at the end of your emails and make their selection. They could opt in or opt out of certain types of emails. This would be the best option if there needs to be a legal basis for sending certain types of emails to your contacts.

If your contacts have already explicitly consented into receiving communication, you could create a HubSpot website form to capture the interest. Keep in mind that the default behavior for multiple checkboxes properties is to overwrite existing values, not to append. There is a workaround for this: You'd create a second property, only to be used in forms. Using a workflow, you can enroll contacts with a value for this new property and then set the property of the actual property. This is where you can choose to replace or append. (A lot of people have requested that the default behavior in forms is also to append, see for example this request.)

Let me know if you need additional guidance on one of these options, happy to elaborate.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
EFlack
Contributor

SOLVE

great solution and thanks for the assistance.

Clients have already signed up to receive the information based on their Service subscription. How do I import that information based on the spreadsheet shown above? 

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EFlack,

If you want to import multiple values into one property, you can find a great instruction here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/import-data-to-checkbox-properties

Any value not included in a cell would be unchecked in HubSpot.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler