Adding contact to list

Occasional Contributor

I have a list called CRWD. 

I have a bunch of contacts I added.

I don't see any way to add those contacts to a list. All I see is a super long list of contact properties but none of those properties is "List".

I must be missing something really obvious here. I can create lists and I can create contacts surely there's a way to add contacts to a list so I can send them emails.

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Esteemed Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hi @highprrrr , 

I think you are looking for a way to make a list based on your import. To do this, follow the steps below:

1. Create a new list and name it

2. Look for 'imports' in the left 'filter type' column 

3. Choose the import you want to make a list of

4. Save your new list  

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Best regards, 

Kim

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as solution!

Occasional Contributor

I'm not sure I understand this.

I don't know what you're talking about regarding "the import". I haven't "imported" any contacts. I simply clicked the button that says "Create contact" and I created a bunch of contacts. Now I would like to add those contacts to a list.

Is that really not possible? Can you only add imported contacts to a list?

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @highprrrr,

The lists you have available will depend on your subscription level. Higher subscription levels can create lists based off of different criteria, whereas users who are not on a paid subscription can use their imports as lists. 

For more information on the lists tool, I wanted to share this resource.

Thank you,
Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

The answer to my issue was super simple you guys.

Apparently you can change the list type from Dynamic to Static. Once you do that, you can simply add contacts to the static list.