CRM

Adding Multiple "Preferred Languages" to a contact

SOLVE

Hello everyone, 

Hope all of you are well. I'm just wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to add more than one "preferred language" to contact. We live in a world now where most people operate in more than one language. 

If anyone has any insights it would be much appreciated. 

All the best!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
AdamLPW
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @05418,

HubSpot can only accommodate one "preferred language".  This, I suppose, is on the basis that even bi/tri/omnilingual contacts will have one language in which they prefer to do business.  

Sounds like a great candidate for a Custom Property, i.e. "Second preferred language".

If you strongly feel that HubSpot should add multiple fields for this to the base CRM, I would recommend popping something on the Ideas board.  If others agree, which I'm sure they will, this will bring it to the developers' attention.

Hope this helps.  

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @05418 ,

Unfortunately it is not possible to add more than one preferred language for creating quotes. If you strongly feel, you can add this idea in the hubspot ideas section.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regard.

0 Upvotes
AdamLPW
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @05418,

HubSpot can only accommodate one "preferred language".  This, I suppose, is on the basis that even bi/tri/omnilingual contacts will have one language in which they prefer to do business.  

Sounds like a great candidate for a Custom Property, i.e. "Second preferred language".

If you strongly feel that HubSpot should add multiple fields for this to the base CRM, I would recommend popping something on the Ideas board.  If others agree, which I'm sure they will, this will bring it to the developers' attention.

Hope this helps.  

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"