CRM

pucciniops

Adding LinkedIn profile URL, company name, and title in contact profiles

SOLVE

First time user here. Can someone help me figure out how to add a linkedin profile URL, company name, and title to a contact record? Thanks.

2 Accepted solutions
shearn
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

As it stands, HubSpot only syncs contacts LinkedIn Bio by associating the contacts email address with their LinkedIn account. If you have a LinkedIn Sales Navigator account, you can use the integration to pull more information. 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

JackieLalley
Solution
Contributor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

If you are monitoring LinkedIn activity for a list of contacts, here is a workaround to get their LinkedIn account URL as a dynamic link!

• Create a custom property "LinkedIn URL" in contact records
  • Populate the property 
  • Use the HubSpot - Google Sheets integration to take data from these records and populate a Google Sheet with contact name, company, your new LinkedIn URL custom property, and anything else you want to see on a dashboard to do your monitoring
  • Create a Dashboard that embeds this Google Sheet
  • When viewing that dashboard, click on any contact's LinkedIn URL - it will be dynamic and you will go to their LinkedIn account!

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11
MFreyne
Contributor

SOLVE

Please let me know when Hubspot will have added a Linkedin Profile automatically populated by the database under contact property. That will enable us to gain so much time

JackieLalley
Solution

SOLVE

If you are monitoring LinkedIn activity for a list of contacts, here is a workaround to get their LinkedIn account URL as a dynamic link!

• Create a custom property "LinkedIn URL" in contact records
  • Populate the property 
  • Use the HubSpot - Google Sheets integration to take data from these records and populate a Google Sheet with contact name, company, your new LinkedIn URL custom property, and anything else you want to see on a dashboard to do your monitoring
  • Create a Dashboard that embeds this Google Sheet
  • When viewing that dashboard, click on any contact's LinkedIn URL - it will be dynamic and you will go to their LinkedIn account!
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JackieLalley, I hope you are doing well!

Thank you very much for participating in this forum and sharing an alternative solution. We appreciate your support to the community.

Kindly,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

JackieLalley

SOLVE

Sure! I made some corrections above.

Ed_

SOLVE

It would be VERY useful to be able to put in a contact's LinkedIn URL when HubSpot does not find them. I saw that it only searches for a matching email but the HubSpot UI allows me to put in their title, current company, etc and click search. It's very frustrating when all that information matches exactly and HubSpot comes back with not found. All you'd have to do is put the LinkedIn URL into that search window that apprears where the LInkedIn contact is displayed from a contact in HubSpot (bottom right column). Please forward this enhancement request.

shearn
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

As it stands, HubSpot only syncs contacts LinkedIn Bio by associating the contacts email address with their LinkedIn account. If you have a LinkedIn Sales Navigator account, you can use the integration to pull more information. 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.
PWolfe
Participant

SOLVE

No, this post was not helpful. It suggested a workaround that doesn't work for everyone, and neglected the actual question. Why hasn't HubSpot supplied a LinkedIn URL field for contacts?

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Thanks @shearn!

To follow up on this, here's HubSpot's documentation on the HubSpot CRM and LinkedIn Navigator integration: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/integrations/how-to-connect-hubspot-crm-and-linke...

timmoore
Participant

SOLVE

Sales Navigator is £80 a month - not really a viable option for all of us. You pull the Company page link by default already. Why not do the same for a profile on a Contact?

To answer the original question, the Company should be linked separately, the Title will be pulled in via the LinkedIn Bio (assuming they use that email address for their LinkedIn - a lot of people don't use work email for LinkedIn to keep the account portable across a career). For the profile URL, you need to manually create a contact field, copy and paste it in. 

Subhendu

SOLVE

Will the Linkedin profile link for the contacts get automatically updated once i have chosen to display the column in Contacts?

0 Upvotes
TomJongens

SOLVE

I agree..

In my industry hardly anyone uses his/her company email for LinkedIn.