Adding Contacts "failure"

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Right now, when I Add a Contact, sometimes "something goes wrong" and, after inputting everything, the contact fails to be added. Sometimes this is a simple space in front of the email, etc. I have to then restart, inputting everything all over again. Instead, why don't you create a red box or something to let us just change the "bad" item? That would save time redoing everything every time.

CRM
0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
Community Manager

Hi @realizeit, thanks for posting! Would you mind clarifying the method through which you are adding your contacts? Is it manually (one by one) or via import? Would you be able to record a screencast of yourself going through this process, and getting the aforementioned error? This will be helpful in providing context for your idea, to make sure that it is seen by the right people! (Jing is a good screencasting tool)

Thanks,

May

0 Upvotes
Esteemed Contributor

No can do. It happens when I'm manually (Add a Contact) entering contacts and it happens at random. I add data to each box, only to get an error message something like "contact entry failed." It then pops right back to the Account page and I have to start all over again. I can't take a pic of clip because it's so random.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

@realizeit how frequently would you say this happens, and has this occurred recently? I would suggest clearing your cache and restarting your browser the next time that this occurs - it does sound like a browser issue, since I have not experienced or heard of this behavior personally!

0 Upvotes
Esteemed Contributor

I cleared my cache, restarted browser, etc. It still happens about once a day, depending on how many times I manually enter new contacts. I sometimes see red underlines on the email, even though I don't have any extranneous spaces. So I have to, for example using chris@gmail.edu, delete the "u" and re-enter it, then delete the "c" and re-enter it. The red underlines then disappear, but this is a major PITA. I do a lot of copying/pasting of emails, so I think HS has an issue with some sort of embedded "bit" in the email. However, I refuse to retype emails every single time I manually enter a contact--HUGE waste of time & enough to drive me to another piece of software.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

@realizeit I have never heard of this happening before, and would be very interested in seeing this behavior firsthand. Do you know if it is reproduceable, i.e. if you copy/paste the same email address from the same area, will it cause this timeout once again? If so, could you let me know from where you are copying these emails, and give me an example of an address for which you have experienced this issue? 

Did you notice any patterns in this behaviour - for instance, does it only happen when you copy/paste emails, and from a certain area, or does it also occur when you type in the address? 

Next time this happens, can you try reproducing the conditions exactly and recording what occurs with the Chrome developer tools opened at the Network tab? This would be the only way for us to get a definite idea of what is causing these issues. 

I'm sorry for all of the questions - this is a very tough situation to troubleshoot, as I have never heard of any customer seeing such consistent difficulties with adding contacts, and I am not able to reproduce this behavior myself. Because of this, it is most likely linked to something within your specific environment, but it will be difficult to narrow down the exact cause of the issue without more information. 

0 Upvotes
Same here, on Samsung S8. Works when I cancel and refill again.
0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @Zoobox,

If you're still experiencing this issue please let me know.

Thanks,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes