CRM

Janthevoyager

Adding Contact's product interest

SOLVE

I'm trying to link contacts in Hubspot to their the products that they are interested in, but there isn't a field to do so in the CONTACTS setting. 

For example;

client A is interested in Product X. 

Client B is interested in Product Y. 

To have this Product X, Y,Z  selection in the Contacts portion. 

1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Janthevoyager,

You can create a custom property that will allow you to do this. You could use a dropdown to list the products as well, to keep everything consistent so that you can use the filtering to see those contacts.

If you are using Pro, you can also set up product tracking. This will give you more insight into the sales pipeline on a product basis.

Here are the instructions for custom properties:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/how-can-i-create-a-custom-property

Hope that helps!

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
mauroconta
Participant

SOLVE

Sorry, but if the customer fills in the form several times and selects a different product each time, his preference also changes and so I lose the history of the products of his interest, and so I can no longer send relevant emails. How can I keep the products of interest? Thank you much

Josh

SOLVE

Hi @mauroconta,

In this instance, you could create an active list with the criteria for that property being "has ever been any of" and then choose the appropriate ones related to your marketing efforts.  This will work well for dropdown and multi-check properties. 

Josh

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.

Nick71

SOLVE

We had the same issue and created a HubSpot integration to attach end user top interests (services or products) with each indivisual user (not just topic clusters). If you would like to learn more here is a link: https://www.humanautomation.ai/personalize/

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Janthevoyager,

You can create a custom property that will allow you to do this. You could use a dropdown to list the products as well, to keep everything consistent so that you can use the filtering to see those contacts.

If you are using Pro, you can also set up product tracking. This will give you more insight into the sales pipeline on a product basis.

Here are the instructions for custom properties:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/how-can-i-create-a-custom-property

Hope that helps!

Josh Curcio

annieseattle
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Jan, if you create that custom property and the property values that are in the Settings/Products list that goes on deals, how can you get that information to transfer when creating/adding a deal from a contact record that has a product interest already filled out?