CRM

cool_steven

Add "Associated company" property when creating contact

SOLVE

Hi guys,

I really like the "Associated company" property for contacts. In my table overview for contacts I can directly see the associated company. For me, this works better than the "company name" property as that one is not linked to the actual company name, while the "associated company" property is. 

What I want is to add the "associated property" when creating contacts, but I cannot find a way to add it there / find this property. Now I am only able to associate a company with a contact AFTER I created the contact.

Can anybody help me with this problem?

1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

In your situation you will have to have one or the other created first, before you can add the association step. I do not believe there is an option to add that field when creating a new contact or new company...it will be done directly on the company or contacts record, at least as far as I am aware.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
MMT
Contributor

SOLVE

HubSpot, any update here? 

0 Upvotes
MBryce
Participant

SOLVE

Second this. I have people with no website, a freemail and I would like to add a custom associated company input to their contact profile.

I would use the regular company tab, but this doesnt have the same design or features as the associated tab.... why has this not been altered, it was easily encountered as an issue. Any help appreciated.

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @MBryce , 

I was able to find this similar post in the HubSpot Community Ideas forum. Upvoting here will alert our Product Team to the popularity of this request. Doing so will also auto-notify you if/when this functionality becomes available within HubSpot. You may read more about how that review process works here.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
MMT
Contributor

SOLVE

Great idea, saves double handling and double input of data, and hopefully avoids duplication of contacts/companies and having to delete duplicates too.  

I'd presume that this would be a priority for Hubspot, and all users.  

Are Hubspot working on this and if yes, when will it be available? 

Josh

SOLVE

Hi @cool_steven,

Do you have the field activated that will automatically associate companies and contacts?

Auto-create-associate-company.PNG

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.

cool_steven

SOLVE

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your reply. No I do not have that activated, since I do not want it for the following reason:

Our companies often have an email domain of their parent company. However, we do not want the parent company automatically be linked to it, but the actual company. That's why the "automatically associate companies and contacts" function does not work I think.

Or is there something else I can do?

Best,

Steven

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

In your situation you will have to have one or the other created first, before you can add the association step. I do not believe there is an option to add that field when creating a new contact or new company...it will be done directly on the company or contacts record, at least as far as I am aware.

Josh Curcio

0 Upvotes
cool_steven

SOLVE

Okay thank you! Then my question is answered, but it will not solve my problem haha

EDIT: however I removed the domains that I do not want to have automatically associated, the rest is fine. So partly solved 🙂

0 Upvotes