CRM

andre_ninomiya
Membre

Add more than one contact phone number

Résolue

Hi there,

I need to know if it's possible to add more than one phone numer for a contact?

When I import a csv with a contact already saved an with a different number, the import overrides the phone number that was already saved in the contact register.

Thank you!

2 Solutions acceptées
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Membre irremplaçable | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Résolue

Hi @andre_ninomiya

HubSpot has seperate phone and mobile phone number contact properties by default which you can use to store different numbers - just import your csv file with one column using each name. 

Addtionally, you can create custom properteis to store other phones numbers. Once your property is created, an import containing a column with that name can be mapped to that property. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Au panthéon de la communauté | Partenaire solutions

Résolue

Hey @andre_ninomiya and everyone,

There's an update here, currently in public beta 🙂

Best regards

Settings

[Public Beta] Phone Number Property Type

Apr 6, 2023

What is it?

The "phone number" field is a new property type used to store custom phone numbers in the CRM.

Why does it matter?

We offer three default phone number properties: phone, mobile phone, and fax. These properties automatically format and validate numbers stored in the CRM. With this update users can now create custom phone number properties that take advantage of the same validation/formatting features. That way, you can use custom phone number properties to store numbers on all objects without having to deal with the frustration of parsing through dozens of number formats, country codes, and other inconsistencies.

How does it work?

Custom properties can now use phone numbers formatting. Standard formatting and validation will be applied to phone numbers based on country code.

To use it:

• Create a new property and select "phone number" or convert an existing custom property.
  • Existing values that have a country code and are valid will be formatted automatically (e.g., "+18884827768").
  • To include an extension enter 'ext' (e.g., '+18884827768 ext 123').
  • If you prefer to not use automatic formatting, you can click "remove number formatting" below the field. This will remove all formatting and allow you to enter any characters. To apply formatting to an unformatted number, click "apply number formatting" underneath the field.

Note: At this time users are not able to call custom phone number properties. This functionality is coming soon.

Who gets it?

This feature is available to all HubSpot customers.

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

17 Réponses
karstenkoehler
Solution

Résolue

Hey @andre_ninomiya and everyone,

There's an update here, currently in public beta 🙂

Best regards

Settings

[Public Beta] Phone Number Property Type

Apr 6, 2023

What is it?

The "phone number" field is a new property type used to store custom phone numbers in the CRM.

Why does it matter?

We offer three default phone number properties: phone, mobile phone, and fax. These properties automatically format and validate numbers stored in the CRM. With this update users can now create custom phone number properties that take advantage of the same validation/formatting features. That way, you can use custom phone number properties to store numbers on all objects without having to deal with the frustration of parsing through dozens of number formats, country codes, and other inconsistencies.

How does it work?

Custom properties can now use phone numbers formatting. Standard formatting and validation will be applied to phone numbers based on country code.

To use it:

• Create a new property and select "phone number" or convert an existing custom property.
  • Existing values that have a country code and are valid will be formatted automatically (e.g., "+18884827768").
  • To include an extension enter 'ext' (e.g., '+18884827768 ext 123').
  • If you prefer to not use automatic formatting, you can click "remove number formatting" below the field. This will remove all formatting and allow you to enter any characters. To apply formatting to an unformatted number, click "apply number formatting" underneath the field.

Note: At this time users are not able to call custom phone number properties. This functionality is coming soon.

Who gets it?

This feature is available to all HubSpot customers.

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

GSchellenberg
Participant

Résolue

Does the custom property solution you suggest here recognize these fields as callable numbers or by Integrations (provided the fields are mapped?) or only provide validation and formatting?

0 Votes
kvlschaefer
Gestionnaire de communauté

Résolue

Hi @GSchellenberg,

Thanks for reaching out!

I wanted to share this snippet from this property type knowledge base article on the new phone number property: 

• Phone number: stores phone numbers. This includes the default Phone number, Mobile phone number, and Fax properties, but you can also create custom phone number properties. Standard formatting and validation are automatically applied to phone numbers based on country code.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Kristen

•  

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
GSchellenberg
Participant

Résolue

Right, that supports Formatting and Validation, but are they recognized call numbers?

If I select the Call button below a contact's name on their individual record page, do all phone number formatted properties appear in this list, or only the 2 original Hubspot-provided properties?

0 Votes
JMitchell25
Participant

Résolue

Same problem here; I just have one box for phone number - most people have an office number and mobile.  Do I have to ask our Administrator each time for stuff like this.  It is so boring to do that.  I have to remind myself to revist stuff.  Phone numbers should be easily added to by anyone with access.  So many people have different roles/phones/office numbers. 

kvlschaefer

Résolue

Hi @JMitchell25,

Thanks for reaching out!

It sounds like you're having a permissions issue if I'm understanding properly? Are you unable to add a phone number in the phone number or mobile phone number fields? Any screenshots or additional information would be helpful so the Community can assist you.

Thank you,

Kristen

Phil_Vallender
Solution

Résolue

Hi @andre_ninomiya

HubSpot has seperate phone and mobile phone number contact properties by default which you can use to store different numbers - just import your csv file with one column using each name. 

Addtionally, you can create custom properteis to store other phones numbers. Once your property is created, an import containing a column with that name can be mapped to that property. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Votes
TBucciarelli
Participant

Résolue

Hi Phil, following up on this old post. Because I call directly from within HubSpot, I appreciate the two phone numbers available - Phone and Mobile. However, I'd like to actually have a third phone number field. While you say we can create a custom property, that is true, but it will not be formatted as a phone number and therefore cannot be dialed like the other phone number fields in a contact record. Any ideas if doing something like this is possible?

AC29
Participant

Résolue

@Phil_Vallender Any updates on this comment from May of 2022?

kvlschaefer

Résolue

Hi @AC29,

Thank you for reaching out! 

I would encourage you to upvote this related idea and comment in the thread so you're subscribed to any status updates made to the idea by our product team. 

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

0 Votes
ellierdz
Contributeur

Résolue

I tried this but it doesn't work as it only has the numbers option but it doesn't detect is a phone number, how can we work around this?

OLM
Participant

Résolue

Assuming you are talking about using the file upload import tool, if it doesn't auto-detect which HubSpot field every one of your spreadsheet columns corresponds to, just select the correct field from the HubSpot Property dropdown. See https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/set-up-your-import-file for a partial example.

0 Votes
TheKevlar
Membre

Résolue

This is a useless post. We ask how to and you answer with a sales blurb???

JRGies
Participant

Résolue

I am not finding a secondary phone location in Hub spot (Brand New User. Where is this field located?

ACF
Membre

Résolue

I am having the same issue. I only have one box to input a single phone number for each client. There are no additional number options. Is this a package issue? Do we need to upgrade to a higher subscribtion? 

DianaGomez

Résolue

Hi @ACF, hope you are doing well!

I don't thing it is necessary to have a specific subscription to see the 2 options for phone numbers: phone and mobile phone number.

However, could you please go to:

1. Settings

2.  On the left side, look for Properties 

3. Type phone number property, if that appears, great

3. Erase the property you just found and type Mobile phone number

If you see these 2 options, fantastic, this means you can save 2 numbers per contact.

Hope this helps 🙂

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

0 Votes
andre_ninomiya
Membre

Résolue

Thanky you very much @Phil_Vallender!
It probably will solve the problem, I haven't thought of that.

0 Votes