CRM

ilir-test
Contributor

Add file/attachment to Contact, Ticket

SOLVE

Hello HubSpot community,

I have created custom properties for Contacts and Tickets where I intend to store an uploaded file/attachment.

I cannot directly upload the file when creating the Contact or Ticket via API. Is file upload for Contacts or Tickets via API not possible?

Thank you in advance!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ilir-test,

This post right here seems to answer your question: How can I upload file to a ticket using API.

Additionally, this might be helpful: How can I attach a file to contact via API?

Since both posts are a bit older, I'd recommend you check the latest version of the endpoints:

Files

Engagements

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
ilir-test
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you for your help @karstenkoehler , your suggestions worked. I first upload the file to File Manager and then associate it with the Contact using Engagement. 

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ilir-test,

This post right here seems to answer your question: How can I upload file to a ticket using API.

Additionally, this might be helpful: How can I attach a file to contact via API?

Since both posts are a bit older, I'd recommend you check the latest version of the endpoints:

Files

Engagements

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

ilir-test
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler ,

Thank you for the answer. I will try your suggestions and let others know how it goes!

All the best,

Ilir

ilir-test
Contributor

SOLVE

Is there a procedure I need to follow like: upload to File Manager in HubSpot and then attach the file to the Contact record or how?

0 Upvotes