CRM

DragosPirvu
Participant

Add contacts from all imports to an active list and filter by unknown properties

Hello, here's what I'm trying to do:

1. Upload a files of leads I met at an event
  2. Lead Source and Lead Refferer are specified in the file with that event and who referred me to a lead
  3. In case a contact exists in HubSpot, check to see if they have a Lead Source and Referrer specified, then don't overwrite their existing data
  4. If they don't exist in HubSpot or if they exist and don't have information in those properties, then add the data from the file

Is this something I can do?

I was thinking that I could:

1. Add all imports to an active list, if possible (it doesn't seem to be possible, as you have to manually filter all existing imports one by one)
  2. Exclude users with known Lead Source and Lead Referrer
  3. Create a workflow that looks into that list and then in the list import file to grab the data from the Lead Source and Lead Referrer fields

Is this possible?

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
LouiseHare
Top Contributor | Partner
Top Contributor | Partner

Add contacts from all imports to an active list and filter by unknown properties

Hi @DragosPirvu,

Unfortunately, this is not currently doable in the import wizard so it will involve a bit of a workaround. I would suggest upvoting this post in the Ideas forum which suggests that these capabilities should be doable directly in the import tool. The Ideas forum is where HubSpot look for product and feature update ideas so the more upvotes something has the better.

There are a couple of ways that you can do this. What I would probably do is create 2 new properties called Lead Source 2 and Lead Refferer 2 and import your data into those properties. I would then create 2 workflows to copy each of these properties to the original Lead Source and Lead Refferer properties if they are unknown. Once you have done that you can clear the Lead Source 2 and Lead Refferer 2 properties (you can do this via bulk-edit) and archive them.

Hope this helps,

Untitled design (5).png

Louise Hare she/her

Freelance HubSpot Expert

Book a Consultation

If my reply helped to answer your question please mark it as a solution to make it

easier for others to find! 

0 Upvotes
DragosPirvu
Participant

Thanks for the workaround, @LouiseHare - sounds doable.

But is there a way to automatically copy that data? It's not ideal to have lists and workflows for each separate list import.

Ideally, I would love those contacts to end up on a list and then automatically trigger the workflow to copy the information from LS2 to LS.

0 Upvotes