CRM

AdamoFX

Add contacts based on phone numbers rather than emails

Dear All,

Our sales pipeline runs off of phone numbers rather than email. Rather than using excel and then imputing into hubspot, it would be great to just use hubspot. Howevere, I can't seem to find out how to add contacts based on unique phone numbers rather than emails. Can someone please help.

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4
louisealbat
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @AdamoFX , 

How do you want to create the contacts? 

If you're creating them manually, you'll be able to create the contacts without email addresses.

Hope this helps!

Louise

0 Upvotes
AdamoFX

Hi Louise, 

Thank you for getting back to me so swiftly.

At present I have Outlook integrated and every time I send an email, it adds the contact to my list. 

What I would like to do, is do a bulk upload to include business name and phone number.

Thanks, 

NP

0 Upvotes
louisealbat
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi NP, 

Yes, with the Outlook integration, a contact will be added everytime you email somebody who isn't a contact in your CRM. 

Unfortunately, it's not yet possible for it to automatically add the phone number with it.

Concerning the company name, it will depend if the company already exists in your CRM. If it does, and the email domain part matches it, the company name will auto-populate.

Ex: if you email somebody from HubSpot whose email domain is hubspot.com, and the company with the domain "hubspot.com" exists in your CRM, the new contact that will be created will automatically be associated to the HubSpot company in your CRM.

Let me know if you have other questions, 

Louise

0 Upvotes
AdamoFX

Hi Louise,

So before sending emails I would like to upload a list of contacts (so they wouldn't be in the crm already).

What I would like to do, is do a bulk upload to include business name and phone number. Is this possible?

Thanks,

NP

0 Upvotes