CRM

ZatAdam
Mitglied

Add a tag to a email response form a contact

lösung

I am trying to work out how to add a tag or flag against an individual email received from a contact. As part of our ISO processes, our compliance team would like to record and report on any compliments/good feedback from our clients.

Is this possible?

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @ZatAdam,

As far as I know, this is currently not possible with replies to connected personal inboxes. Tag-like features are only available for objects (contacts, companies, deals, tickets) by using default and custom properties. These features do not exist for engagements (notes, emails, tasks, meetings, calls).

One workaround I can think of would be a shared conversations inbox. For emails sent to a shared inbox, you can create tickets which are objects and could be assigned values for default or custom properties. However, it's not exactly what this tool is designed for. This would also require all incoming emails to be sent to this one email (which, I assume, is not an option).

Another option would be to create two custom properties. One is a number property (Number of times positive feedback was received), another is a true/false radio select field (Positive feedback received). The second one could be included in the sidebar of contact records. Whenever a contact owner receives positive feedback, they could set the field Positive feedback received to true. In the background, a workflow would wait for the field to be switched to true, increase the value of Number of times positive feedback was received by +1 and clear the property Positive feedback received at the end. Of course, you can devise any variations of this workflow. It would rely on the recipient to manually log something though.

As you can see, there currently isn't a suitable native feature, only somewhat helpful workarounds.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

1 Antwort
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @ZatAdam,

As far as I know, this is currently not possible with replies to connected personal inboxes. Tag-like features are only available for objects (contacts, companies, deals, tickets) by using default and custom properties. These features do not exist for engagements (notes, emails, tasks, meetings, calls).

One workaround I can think of would be a shared conversations inbox. For emails sent to a shared inbox, you can create tickets which are objects and could be assigned values for default or custom properties. However, it's not exactly what this tool is designed for. This would also require all incoming emails to be sent to this one email (which, I assume, is not an option).

Another option would be to create two custom properties. One is a number property (Number of times positive feedback was received), another is a true/false radio select field (Positive feedback received). The second one could be included in the sidebar of contact records. Whenever a contact owner receives positive feedback, they could set the field Positive feedback received to true. In the background, a workflow would wait for the field to be switched to true, increase the value of Number of times positive feedback was received by +1 and clear the property Positive feedback received at the end. Of course, you can devise any variations of this workflow. It would rely on the recipient to manually log something though.

As you can see, there currently isn't a suitable native feature, only somewhat helpful workarounds.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.