CRM

ramycaspi

Add a Connection between Companies

SOLVE

Hi, how can I connect two companies to a object.

If I have two companies in my hubspot, and let say that these two companies are working together on a project - but I am not part of that project or deal, how can I create the parent/child connection. [However these companies may not necessarily be owned by the same shareholders]

E.G. Company X does a deal with Company Y for distribution.

when I look at company X's profile, I will be able to see that they have a deal with Company Y. Similarly, when I look at Company Ys profile, I will see the association on their profile. However Company X, and Y are Not (parent/child), but are working on a deal together...

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @ramycaspi. This kind of field doesn't exist in HubSpot, as it's not among the list of data types available on HubSpot properties

If you're using the Salesforce integration (or some integration which connects to a system that supports relating records of the same object to one another), you may have better success doing the necessary relating in the external tool, and syncing those results to HubSpot. Alternately, if you have developer resources available, you may want to talk through a solution which updates records, using HubSpot's endpoints. 

This is a use case which won't be able to be handled natively, unfortunately. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @ramycaspi. This kind of field doesn't exist in HubSpot, as it's not among the list of data types available on HubSpot properties

If you're using the Salesforce integration (or some integration which connects to a system that supports relating records of the same object to one another), you may have better success doing the necessary relating in the external tool, and syncing those results to HubSpot. Alternately, if you have developer resources available, you may want to talk through a solution which updates records, using HubSpot's endpoints. 

This is a use case which won't be able to be handled natively, unfortunately. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
0 Upvotes