Add Product(s) to a Deal via a Workflow

Regular Contributor

Is it possible to add Products to a Deal using a Workflow? I would be happy with almost any solution here, like: 

• Adding the products when creating a Deal via a workflow like a Company Workflow
  • Editing an existing Deal in a Deal Wworkflow

I just can't find a way to do this... is it possible? 

10 Replies 10
Esteemed Contributor

Are you loking for an option to add products, e.g. based on dependencies like “IF this product is selected THEN a certain type of service or a base product needs to be added, too”? Or more something like “IF company is larger than e.g. 5000 users THEN select Enterprise Edition & advanced consulting package?”

Both would be interesting for me, too. Another then would be “show compatible products only for selection” and a “show product items in volume stagger of customer first”. Another could be “IF company is located in Germany, Austria or Switzerland THEN show products with German description first”. 

Happy to hear from you for some brainstorming should there not be a programmatic option within HubSpot finding a a freestyle workaround.

Regular Contributor

Actually, one of the big needs that we have is simple: we have a recurring yearly Deal because our products have a yearly subscription. Right now, it isn't possible create a new Deal automatically with the correct products in it. 

We are looking into using the Hubspot API for this, but I can't find much right now in the way of a basic tutorial for this. 

Esteemed Contributor
Hi there,

I understand and would want the same here, i.e. not only a „this would be the recurring revenue to be expected at report level“, but an actual cloning and reactivation of exactly the same deal just with the new expected closing date.

For subscription licenses and existing maintenance that is just recurring as is this should be less of a problem for the HubSpot team.

We are selling perpetual & maintenance and I would love to have a „clone as maintenance with 25% of its license value, too. That combined with a „move to renewals pipeline“ and the an automation of those recurring deals and the respective quotes and a dream would come true.

We both know it’s not there yet, or obvious to be possible at the moment but I will try lots of options myself to get to that or at least a similar level of automation since creating repeating quotes and pipeline entries is not what sellers should invest much of their time in:-)
Regular Contributor

Yes, this is actually very similar to our desired workflow as well. For now, we are looking to accomplish it with the API. 

If you ever find a good solution, please post it here! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor
Absolutely, I will👍 Please do the same and share your solution. It must be valuable to more than just the two of us.
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

We want this too! I'm getting a developer to do it for us, but it would be so much easier if we could add a product to a deal in a deal workflow.

Occasional Contributor

Looking for this feature as well. Would like to autmatically add certain products to a deal if certain criteria are met.

New Contributor

Our reps fill out lead forms on their own to enter leads into HubSpot CRM. We have a multi-checkbox on the form to select products the lead is interested in. It would be very helpful to have a workflow that allows me to add the contact, add the deal and add the products to the deal. I can do everything but the products. Those have to be manually entered.  Please add 'Associate Product to Deal' to the deal workflows. Thanks

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Here's an idea post asking for this feature for those who care to upvote/comment: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Option-to-automatically-add-a-product-to-a-deal-with-...

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Still looking for functionality to add a product to a deal in an automated workflow.  Most products including Zapier do not write into the Deal to add a product so it has to be manually added through a workflow.  But that cannot be done because workflows cannot be made to update or add products.  Kind of a miss on the poroduct.

0 Upvotes