CRM

GNorman0

Account Mapping

SOLVE

Hi quick question for people if you've run into this before.

We sell to large enterprises, but not at a corporate level. It is at a Site/Building/Location level.

The thought here is create a seperate company for each site/location and associate the companies together.

However, that seems like a MASSIVE lift on a small team with thousands of records, and follow through from the sales team to stick to that.

Was thinking maybe lead objects could be used? Can a lead have multiple contacts associated to it?

Keen to hear your thoughts or if someone has solved for this and what they did.

2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Account Mapping

SOLVE

Hi @GNorman0,

Typically this would be managed through parent child relationships: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/records/add-a-parent-or-child-company - in my opinion, this is the cleanest way to handle it. And yes, while that means some extra work sorting out the records correctly, any alternative means that you simply lack the transparency into how many leads or opportunities you're working at a parent campaign at the same time (which I think is always invaluable context to have).

The leads object can theoretically be used for that, yes, but then you'd work leads off a parent company, removing all context about the child companies - that context would only live inside the lead name. HubSpot runs under the assumption that a closed lead corresponds to a deal for the associated company - which means you would have all site / location deals associated to one parent company. Possible but again removing some of important context and definitely predetermining how granular your reporting can become.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Lucila-Andimol
Solution
Thought Leader | Platinum Partner

Account Mapping

SOLVE

Hey @GNorman0 

so in general we 'd use parent child companies depending on the business model.

in other case we 'd have a custom object for the child companies to make reporting and associations smoother.

LEADS are a contact dependency so leads can only be associated with 1contact. You can have multiple Lead records for 1 same contact but not the other way.

hope this helps

María Lucila Abal
COO Andimol | Platinum Accredited Partner
HubSpot Expert, Top Community Champion | Hall of Fame IN23
Certified Trainer (12+ years) | SuperAdmins Bootcamp Instructor

Have questions? Get answers:

Get Premium Support

Did my post help answer your question? Mark this as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Dan1
Guide

Account Mapping

SOLVE

Hi @GNorman0 , 

Creating company structures when they have the same domain, is a little tricky but as @karstenkoehler and @Lucila-Andimol have mentioned already parent and child companies are the cleanist way to go. We created a short video a while ago which highlights a helpful HubSpot workflow, that helps in exactly this senario. 

Hopefully this helps,  

Dan Currin 

Co-Founder 

OrgChartHub named one of HubSpot’s essential apps for sales in 2023

Dan1_0-1719492260508.png

Kind regards, 

Dan

0 Upvotes
Lucila-Andimol
Solution

Account Mapping

SOLVE

Hey @GNorman0 

so in general we 'd use parent child companies depending on the business model.

in other case we 'd have a custom object for the child companies to make reporting and associations smoother.

LEADS are a contact dependency so leads can only be associated with 1contact. You can have multiple Lead records for 1 same contact but not the other way.

hope this helps

María Lucila Abal
COO Andimol | Platinum Accredited Partner
HubSpot Expert, Top Community Champion | Hall of Fame IN23
Certified Trainer (12+ years) | SuperAdmins Bootcamp Instructor

Have questions? Get answers:

Get Premium Support

Did my post help answer your question? Mark this as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Account Mapping

SOLVE

Hi @GNorman0,

Typically this would be managed through parent child relationships: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/records/add-a-parent-or-child-company - in my opinion, this is the cleanest way to handle it. And yes, while that means some extra work sorting out the records correctly, any alternative means that you simply lack the transparency into how many leads or opportunities you're working at a parent campaign at the same time (which I think is always invaluable context to have).

The leads object can theoretically be used for that, yes, but then you'd work leads off a parent company, removing all context about the child companies - that context would only live inside the lead name. HubSpot runs under the assumption that a closed lead corresponds to a deal for the associated company - which means you would have all site / location deals associated to one parent company. Possible but again removing some of important context and definitely predetermining how granular your reporting can become.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.