CRM

Snehal

About Deals with milestones

SOLVE

Hello 

Snehal Bhatt here from Prometteur Solutions Pvt Ltd.

I have one query regards to deal we create. 

So of course when we get a project or get any deal closed the payment comes into certain milestones. 

As of now what we are doing is creating a separate deal for each payment we receive. 

E.g. We closed a project named Consultingweb of 35000 USD and received 10000 USD as advance. then we are creating a deal with 10000 USD named consultingweb-1 and when we get a second payment of 5000 USD we create a new deal with consultingweb -2. 

Now by doing this what is happening is we can able to get reports on the amount received for a particular time but at the same time we also want the details about how much actual project value the sales team has closed in a particular time periond. 

So can you guys suggest what can be the best way to achieve this?  

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
dianalcont
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Thanks for the tag @sharonlicari 

Hello @Snehal 

I've done this before by creating an opportunity pipeline that is separate from a production pipeline.

In the production pipeline you would have milestones set as stages in the pipeline and that could be paired with a task queue to remind the account manager or sales person to bill the client & a sequence for outreach on that.

We tracked payments made through the integration with their book keeping system, but you could pull a revenue forecasting report for the production pipeline to track what has been brought in over a period of time based on where "deals" are in the production process/project stage.

You would still be maintaining the full amount closed for that project in the opportunity pipeline which would help you keep things from getting messy and not need to copy deals over and over when they get to milestones.

Let me know if you need any clarification on implementation or if this works for you!

Hope this was helpful!

Diana

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Diana Contreras
Helping B2Bs grow faster with a systematic inbound marketing framework.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 30 Minutes with Diana »

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
dianalcont
Solution

SOLVE

Thanks for the tag @sharonlicari 

Hello @Snehal 

I've done this before by creating an opportunity pipeline that is separate from a production pipeline.

In the production pipeline you would have milestones set as stages in the pipeline and that could be paired with a task queue to remind the account manager or sales person to bill the client & a sequence for outreach on that.

We tracked payments made through the integration with their book keeping system, but you could pull a revenue forecasting report for the production pipeline to track what has been brought in over a period of time based on where "deals" are in the production process/project stage.

You would still be maintaining the full amount closed for that project in the opportunity pipeline which would help you keep things from getting messy and not need to copy deals over and over when they get to milestones.

Let me know if you need any clarification on implementation or if this works for you!

Hope this was helpful!

Diana

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Diana Contreras
Helping B2Bs grow faster with a systematic inbound marketing framework.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 30 Minutes with Diana »
SBhatt

SOLVE

@dianalcont  Thanks for your response. 

I will be implementing this and let you know. 

I might come across some more obstacles which I shall out here. 

Thanks

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @Snehal 

Welcome to the Community!

I think this is an interesting question, I'll tag a few experts that can share their expertise with you

Hey @Dan1 @dianalcont @warrendavey what would you suggest in this case?

Thanks

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes