CRM

krs360
Participante

Ability to make contacts read only?

resolver

Hello all,

I'm fairly to Hubspot so go easy!

I use Hubspot to collect data from Candidates who are on-boarding into the business, because the most popular CRM within our industry is very limited on what it can do and there is no API but I can import qualified Candidates into the CRM so Hubspot works quite well for this.

What I'm looking to do is remove a candidates access/ability to go back into the web form and re-enter any details thinking that this would update our system, when in reality their data is actually imported into our main CRM and would remain unaffected by this update.

If there is some way to read-only an entire contact, or contact(s) in a specific lead status that would be amazing. Alternatively if there is any kind of work around for achieving this, I'm all ears.

Many thanks,

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
danielruby
Solución
Participante

resolver

My recommendation would be to make your forms progressive - in the form editor in HS, click on each Property to open up the Contact Property menu on the left. There's a tab that says "Logic," then under "Progressive Field Options," select "Replace with queued progressive field."

This can do one of two things: if there's any further data fields you want from an existing candidate, you can give them that as a replacement field on the form (at the bottom of the form preview there's a section called "queued progressive fields" that you can put these replacement fields into); otherwise, it'll just make fields that have already been populated not show in the form itself.

Daniel Ruby

Head of Marketing

demand-sage-logo-125px

Better HubSpot Reporting In Sheets

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

5 Respuestas 5
danielruby
Solución
Participante

resolver

My recommendation would be to make your forms progressive - in the form editor in HS, click on each Property to open up the Contact Property menu on the left. There's a tab that says "Logic," then under "Progressive Field Options," select "Replace with queued progressive field."

This can do one of two things: if there's any further data fields you want from an existing candidate, you can give them that as a replacement field on the form (at the bottom of the form preview there's a section called "queued progressive fields" that you can put these replacement fields into); otherwise, it'll just make fields that have already been populated not show in the form itself.

Daniel Ruby

Head of Marketing

demand-sage-logo-125px

krs360
Participante

resolver

Hello both,

Thank you for your replies. My subscription would only be the Marketing Hub Starter as that suits my needs quite well (mins this issue with read only) and is the difference between £420 a year vs £7,860 as I think the Logic is only part of Professional and up?

danielruby
Participante

resolver

Ah, yeah, progressive fields are in Professional and above. A couple of questions, then:

1 - what fields are on your forms that you want to prevent being overwritten?

2 - is the issue that you don't want fields overwritten, or that you don't want candidates thinking they have been when they haven't?

3 - what's the process of getting to the form? Is it on a HubSpot landing page or hosted on a different CMS?

The other solution I would have thought to offer is Smart Content, but that's also a Marketing Hub Professional and above feature.

Daniel Ruby

Head of Marketing

undefined

krs360
Participante

resolver

Hello again,

1) It was mostly personal details, such as address/contact information. Hubspot is essentially a data collection tool, with the end game to import the tokens into Pandadocs to make certain documents, but ultimartely to export the contacts onto the main CRM. This first step of collecting the data elsewhere is unavoidable as the CRM they use has no API at all really.

2) I'm guessing if they were to update the fields, we'd still have the historic data in the thread of activity on the contact. The larger issue is that they don't want people updating personal details thinking that it's done, when in reality the changes wouldn't be reflected on the main CRM.

3) I'm thinking of embedding the forms inside of a client portal of sorts and essentially revoking access once they're qualified and moved across to the main CRM. Whilst this isn't ideal, it would make it pretty hard for them to access the forms again.

0 Me gusta
PamCotton
Administrador de la comunidad
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hello @krs360 

A way I would recommend is to create a smart form for contacts that already submitted the form, maybe just one property to display once the form shows the other option.

This article here explains more about it. You can also make a Landing Page with smart content.

I will also tag some of our top contributors, @KadyJWhite@danielruby@ErinStudstill, would you like to share your thoughts on this matter?

Thank you.

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Me gusta