CRM

NatalieWlock
Participant

Ability to edit property "Unsubscribed from all email"?

SOLVE

Hi,

I understand that the property "Unsubscribed from all email" is updated in HubSpot automatically based on a user's action after receving a marketing email. My question is whether I can manually set this property. I am asking because instead of selecting unsubscribe, a user has replied to an email about wanting to unsubscribe from marketing emails. I know that I can manually create a static list and add this user to it, however I have been using an Active list, based on the "Unsubscribed from all email" property, as it is more dynamic. I am also aware that I could create a list that has both people I have manually added who have unsubscribed, as well as the Active list, but this seems clunky. 

Is it possible to manually set the property "Unsubscribed from all email"? Or could I suggest this as a new feature in the product? 

I guess another option would be to create a custom property and create an active list based on the custom property as well as "Unsubscribed from all email", but I want to try to avoid making the customer database more complex than necessary. 

Thank you! 

Natalie 

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hello @NatalieWlock,

You can manually opt out a contact following these steps: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/how-do-i-unsubscribe-or-opt-out-contacts-from-email This will not update the Unsubscribed from all email property, but it will suppress the contact from your marketing email sends, see also here.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Arran,

Transactional emails can still be sent to a contact if they're opted out, one-to-one emails not.

And yes, there are separate contact properties for:

Unsubscribed from all email: indicates that the current email address has opted out of all email from the account.

Opted out of email: [email type name]: indicates that the current email address has opted out from emails of the specified type.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

RLehrhaupt
Participant

SOLVE

Hello Karsten,

If we manually opt someone back in using communication subscriptions upon their personal request to be opted back in, will these automatic properties update? We encountered such a scenario and despite re-enrolling these properties still reflect an opt-out and cannot be updated.

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @RLehrhaupt,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I wanted to share this knowledge base article that explains how to resubscribe contacts to email. 

Could you please clarify how you resubscribed the contact? Did the contact resubscribe by themselves or did you use the resubscription feature?

Thanks!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
RLehrhaupt
Participant

SOLVE

Resubscribed manually using communication subscriptions at the bottom of the left sidebar on the contact page. The automatic properties for "opt out" for each channel as well as "unsubscribed from all email" property still say "Yes".

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @RLehrhaupt,

This might be a delay in the automation that updates the unsubscribed from all email property value. 

If the property value doesn't update, I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter. They also can access your account to take a look at the property itself. Where you are able to share specific contact examples, scenarios, and further information regarding this matter.

Best,
Kristen

RLehrhaupt
Participant

SOLVE

There was a delay, thanks!

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @RLehrhaupt,

Thanks for letting us know! 

Glad to hear that the property updated 🙂

Best,

Kristen

Arran
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks!

Arran
Contributor

SOLVE

Would a Contact still be able to receive one-to-one emails and Transactional email if choosing Contacts > Action > 'Opt out of email'? It's not super clear - it looks like that would block one-to-one comms, is that right?

How can we see which users are 'opted out of email' (vs 'unsubscribed from all email'), is there a corresponding Contact property?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hello @NatalieWlock,

You can manually opt out a contact following these steps: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/how-do-i-unsubscribe-or-opt-out-contacts-from-email This will not update the Unsubscribed from all email property, but it will suppress the contact from your marketing email sends, see also here.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

NatalieWlock
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you @karstenkoehler that option is better than the ideas I thought of. Thank you for the quick reply! 

0 Upvotes