CRM

HeyRenee
Participant

API Property changed by use of a HubSpot API endpoint

It appears there were multiple deals were auto-duplicated within my CRM, the deal status was all changed and when I look into each deal, under Deal Activity, it says this: 

Deal activity
Aug 18, 2020 at 6:05 AM MST
Deal moved to Application by API. View details

All the same date/time. There are a bunch of them, basically duplicates that were automatically created by API. What is going on here & can anyone advise how I can fix this? I can delete all the duplicates but want to ensure this doesn't happen again. Thank you!

Below is an example of what's shown when I click "View Details":
Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 4.11.58 AM.png
0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @HeyRenee ,

Do you have an integration that uses your HubSpot API key? According to the screenshot, the change was made by API, it means your API key was used as an authentication method. I assume it should be either an integration that uses your API key or anyone else that has access to that key. (Access your HubSpot API key)

To prevent these updates, I'd recommend changing your HubSpot API key.

0 Upvotes
HeyRenee
Participant

Hi @natsumimori , The only thing I have connected is Zapier that allows my jotform entries to zap through as deals in hubspot. I'm confused as to why this API would create all these deals out of the blue, all in one day. 

If I change my hubspot API key, do I need to update my Zapier? Also, could this mean that someone has my API key and my data/info is compromised? 

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hello @HeyRenee,

First the good news is that your API key has not been stolen.  As a matter of fact, it looks like you have not set up your API key.  No need to worry about anything being compromised! 😅

The log you are seeing is coming from either zapier or jotform.  I imagine it is zapier, but I cannot be fully sure.  I would recommend looking at the zap history to see if you see anything unusual there. 

Thanks!