CRM

robertkreisler

ABM Changes - Unintended Consequences?

SOLVE

Our business is not so much transactional as it is focused on building industry relationships (i.e. OEM partners) first that will result in revenue generation afterward.

We're seriously considering the ABM function as a better paradigm of operarions for our business model, but the caution about it being irreversible gives me a moment of pause.  If we 'flip the switch', will it affect any legacy work we've done or limit us from directly using the automations or functions we've already set up?

Essentially I'm concerned about any unintended consequences or 'collatral damage' that might result from this change.

Thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
3 Accepted solutions
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@robertkreisler  I had to find the knowledge base article for setting up account-based marketing to see where your fear is coming from.

Jnix284_0-1655295142634.png

I can see where this might sound a little scary, have you looked at the new feature for setting up a Sandbox?

Setting up ABM will add additional properties and create a target accounts index page - these are the things that can't be undone, but they shouldn't impact any of your existing automation or efforts, only in that you might have to make updates to reflect your new processes.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

@robertkreisler that's a really good question and I'll second the insight from @Jnix284 (that's a great KB resource). While it sounds scary, it's not. Activating the target account/ABM tools doesn't erase anything you've done. It doesn't limit workflows. It all adds to your efforts without changing what you currently have. You'll be able to add workflows for assigning tiers based of revenue and other factors, for example. 

So no, it doesn't affect or limit what you've already built. I've turned these on for many portals and had more power, not less. You can breathe easy. 😊

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

LMeert
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @robertkreisler,

I also second what @danmoyle and @robertkreisler say about activating the ABM functionnality : no undesired side effects, you're simply adding more juice to HubSpot and more to work with.

I guess the only reason why you can't go back is that it's creating new tables and relations in your instance's database. I have a client who tried it out but simply did not keep using it.

The properties are just left alone and that client uses their account as a regular, non-ABMed account.

Agence Mi4 - Data DrivenCTO @ Mi4
Hubspot Platinum Partner and Integration Expert

Passionate human, very curious about everything data and automation.

Any problem with Hubspot you need help solving ?

Let me know !

7 Replies 7
robertkreisler

SOLVE

Thanks to all for your insight and assistance, it very much puts my mind at ease and is greatly appreciated!

danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

@robertkreisler that's a really good question and I'll second the insight from @Jnix284 (that's a great KB resource). While it sounds scary, it's not. Activating the target account/ABM tools doesn't erase anything you've done. It doesn't limit workflows. It all adds to your efforts without changing what you currently have. You'll be able to add workflows for assigning tiers based of revenue and other factors, for example. 

So no, it doesn't affect or limit what you've already built. I've turned these on for many portals and had more power, not less. You can breathe easy. 😊

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
LMeert
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @robertkreisler,

I also second what @danmoyle and @robertkreisler say about activating the ABM functionnality : no undesired side effects, you're simply adding more juice to HubSpot and more to work with.

I guess the only reason why you can't go back is that it's creating new tables and relations in your instance's database. I have a client who tried it out but simply did not keep using it.

The properties are just left alone and that client uses their account as a regular, non-ABMed account.

Agence Mi4 - Data DrivenCTO @ Mi4
Hubspot Platinum Partner and Integration Expert

Passionate human, very curious about everything data and automation.

Any problem with Hubspot you need help solving ?

Let me know !

Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

@robertkreisler  I had to find the knowledge base article for setting up account-based marketing to see where your fear is coming from.

Jnix284_0-1655295142634.png

I can see where this might sound a little scary, have you looked at the new feature for setting up a Sandbox?

Setting up ABM will add additional properties and create a target accounts index page - these are the things that can't be undone, but they shouldn't impact any of your existing automation or efforts, only in that you might have to make updates to reflect your new processes.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @robertkreisler 

I had a discussion with a colleague who doesn't think it should have any undesired consequence as it just add an extra view/functionnality to the portal, and wouldn't change the process themselves, but a solution to test things out could be to use a test account

Going to tag some extra experts as well @karstenkoehler @Jnix284 @LMeert @danmoyle is there anything you can think of to check before switching to ABM? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @robertkreisler 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts here - @Josh @Sam62 @Olivia_Bagnall do you have any thought and advice to share with @robertkreisler on this?

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

robertkreisler

SOLVE

Bump.  Hoping to make a decision on this soon.  Can someone help?

0 Upvotes