CRM

Hannass
Participant

2 different lifecycles

SOLVE

Hello there,

I would like to track 2 différent funnels in Hubspot, as we have two different types of customers with different actions needed :

- B2C: individuals that want to improve their skills.
- B2B: companies that want to train their employees

How could I manage these 2 different lifecycles in Hubspot? What are your best practices?

Thanks a lot,

Hanna

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

2 different lifecycles

SOLVE

Hi @Hannass,

If the lifecycle stage differs between contact segments, you could consider creating a second lifecycle stage property, one for B2B, one for B2C. That of course means that you have to maintain both individually as well but it would give you the information that you need.

How these two properties are updated, is entirely up to you. You could move contacts along the stages based on a score property, but depending on your lifecycle stage definitions, it could be much simpler, for example the submission of a specific form that would update the B2C lifecycle stage property but not the B2B one. Or a booked meeting would update the B2B but not the B2C one.

The first step her would be to define the lifecycle stage criteria for B2C and B2B each before creating the "rules" in HubSpot.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

2 different lifecycles

SOLVE

Hi @Hannass,

If the lifecycle stage differs between contact segments, you could consider creating a second lifecycle stage property, one for B2B, one for B2C. That of course means that you have to maintain both individually as well but it would give you the information that you need.

How these two properties are updated, is entirely up to you. You could move contacts along the stages based on a score property, but depending on your lifecycle stage definitions, it could be much simpler, for example the submission of a specific form that would update the B2C lifecycle stage property but not the B2B one. Or a booked meeting would update the B2B but not the B2C one.

The first step her would be to define the lifecycle stage criteria for B2C and B2B each before creating the "rules" in HubSpot.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Hannass
Participant

2 different lifecycles

SOLVE

Hello Phil,

And thank your for your answer!
About segmented the database, it's already done 🙂

But here is my problem:

A B2C MQL is not the same as a B2B MQL.
The company size is a criteria for B2B and not for B2C.

Should I create 2 different scores properties + a workflow saying that a lead becomes a MQL if reaching the first score for B2C contacts or the second one for B2B contacts? What do you think?

Thanks a lot,

Hanna

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

2 different lifecycles

SOLVE

Hi @Hannass 

Based on how HubSpot is built, I'd urge you to think of the two lifecycles - from lead to customer - as being the same, but to segement the contacts and deals based on B2C vs B2B. 

For contacts and companies this is best done using custom properties. For deals, your best bet would probably be two pipelines - although this does requrie Sales Hub Pro. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency