CRM

SheilaAnn

2 Manually Added Contacts Not Showing on Dashboard Report

SOLVE

Hi, I am new to HubSpot.  I just imported all my contacts on 9-25-20.  This morning, I manually added 2, each with a specific tag/identifier.  I then created a dashboard report and I still have the same count as I did on Sunday.  Please advise!  Thanks!!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
JeremyHong
Solution
Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@SheilaAnn - sorry I went ghost on ya! I didn't see a reply to this, since I wasn't tagged or following. Were you able to figure this out?

I'm going to make a few assumptions in order to give you a starting point, but based off what you've told me, here's how you should be able to make this report:

1. Go to the Reports section of your portal
  2. Click "Create a custom report"
  3. Select "Single object" as what you'd like to report on
  4. Select "Contacts" as the object to report on
  5. JeremyHong_0-1603213565489.png

In the "Data" tab of the report builder (image at right), click "Add Contact Property" and add each of those 4 property fields you mentioned, or, if they exist within a single property field, add that.

6. Click the "Visualization" tab of the report builder and drag and drop each of the properties you added in step #5 from "Available properties to display" to the "Displaying" section. Next, drag and drop "Count of Contacts" - it should then appear similar to what is shown below, except your report should be "Displaying" your specific properties you're reporting on (Owner-members/Non Owner-Members, etc.), since I've used Lifecycle Stage and Became MQL date as placeholders for this walkthrough.
  7. JeremyHong_1-1603214247353.png

8. Last, choose your chart type, add your report filters, and save the report. You can then add this custom report into any of your dashboards.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
SheilaAnn

SOLVE

Hi, I am not that savvy with Hubspot (yet).  My contacts do exist.  I know the report does not exist, because I deleted it myself with the thought of re-creating it to make sure the newest contacts got added.  When I went back to reports, I am unable to find the settings I used before.  I wish I took a picture of my dashboard to explain what I did. 

The report that was on the dashboard was 4 simple fields: 

Owner-Members 604 (current counts)

Non Owner-Members 1455

Gifted Owner-Member 12

Volunteer 6

How do I make this report?

0 Upvotes
JeremyHong
Solution

SOLVE

@SheilaAnn - sorry I went ghost on ya! I didn't see a reply to this, since I wasn't tagged or following. Were you able to figure this out?

I'm going to make a few assumptions in order to give you a starting point, but based off what you've told me, here's how you should be able to make this report:

1. Go to the Reports section of your portal
  2. Click "Create a custom report"
  3. Select "Single object" as what you'd like to report on
  4. Select "Contacts" as the object to report on
  5. JeremyHong_0-1603213565489.png

In the "Data" tab of the report builder (image at right), click "Add Contact Property" and add each of those 4 property fields you mentioned, or, if they exist within a single property field, add that.

6. Click the "Visualization" tab of the report builder and drag and drop each of the properties you added in step #5 from "Available properties to display" to the "Displaying" section. Next, drag and drop "Count of Contacts" - it should then appear similar to what is shown below, except your report should be "Displaying" your specific properties you're reporting on (Owner-members/Non Owner-Members, etc.), since I've used Lifecycle Stage and Became MQL date as placeholders for this walkthrough.
  7. JeremyHong_1-1603214247353.png

8. Last, choose your chart type, add your report filters, and save the report. You can then add this custom report into any of your dashboards.
JeremyHong

SOLVE

Hello @SheilaAnn - hard to really pinpoint the issue without without seeing what you're seeing, but it sounds like you're describing two issues. Not sure how savvy you are in HubSpot yet, but here's a couple places that I would start:

Problem 1:

2 contacts you manually created don't appear to be counted in a custom report that you created.

• First make sure those 2 contacts still exist, and double check the records to make sure the properties actually contain the data you appended
  • Next I'd check if there are any filters set on your report to make sure there's nothing that might be filtering out those contacts
  • If the contacts are there, you've double checked to make sure the report is built correctly, and there are no filters that might be causing the issue, I would reach out to HubSpot Support via email/chat. 

Problem 2:

The report you originally created disappeared.

• Is there any possibility it got deleted by someone else?
  • Make sure you have no filters setup when you are in the "All Reports" view
  • Unfortunately, deleted reports (if they got deleted) cannot be restored, so if it's really gone, you'll need to recreate it. 

You also mentioned not being able to put "your information into lifecycle stage". Lifecycle Stage is not an editable property, so the various lifecycle stages (subscriber, lead, MQL, SQL, etc) need to be defined in the context of your business. If it's being used, it's certainly an important property to understand in HubSpot, especially if there are any automations built around it. Here's a good HubSpot post on that: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/use-lifecycle-stages

Hope that helps!

JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @SheilaAnn,

Thanks for reaching out.
I want to tag in some thought leaders to see if they can assist with this.
Hi @AM8 @JeremyHong, would you be able to share your thoughts?

Thanks,
Jess 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
SheilaAnn

SOLVE

Hi, so I added a new person today and they showed up.  I thought I would just recreate the report and it would trigger the two that were added yesterday.  Now the report is no where to be found.  This is terribly infuriating!  I just want to count my people that have a certain tag.  I tried to add my information to the lifecycle stage and I am unable to edit that.  This report was there yesterday and now it's not.  Please advise!

0 Upvotes