INVESTIGATING please comment for IMAP error: Unable to create inbox for this user

New Contributor

I'm trying to set up my email server with Hubspot. However, I hit the "unable to create an inbox for this user" error. I have verified that the password and the settings are correct. The SSL certificate should be valid as well.

For reference, a screenshot of the login screen and a screenshot of my (working) Mailspring settings for comparison.

EDIT: one additional detail: I have a very long password, >60 digits. Not sure if this could be related to the problem.

Screenshot_20180917_132100.pngScreenshot_20180917_132153.png

0 Upvotes
41 Replies
Community Manager

Hi @aroessler,

I have seen long passwords cause issues in the past; are you able to edit your password to shorten its length?

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Unfortunately, it did not help. I made it 14 characters without any special characters long and it still did not work.

0 Upvotes
Visitor

Facing same issue, unable to connect mailbox with IMAP. Keep getting error "Unable to create inbox for this user". I'm using Godaddy server and Cpanel email. 

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi @jennysowyrda, are you having a global problem?

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

@jennysowyrda Yes I have tried different things, first of all allowing IMAP Access directly in ZOHO mail Settings,

And then in Hubspot I have had two types of errors: The first one has only happened with trying with the IMAP port 993 that says: "Inbox can not be created for this user":

Hubspot Error 993.JPG

I tried with the 993 for IMAP settings with the Allow non secure certificates check box on and off:

Hubspot 1.JPG

And when I change the IMAP port into 587, the error appears to be: "Hubspot can not connect my inbox", also trying with Allow non secure certificates check box on and off.

Hubspot 4.JPG

Hubspot 3.JPG

0 Upvotes
Highlighted

Hello,

My email account disconnected by itself few days ago and I cannot reconnect it.

I am using Rackspace as email server provider.

I followed the steps mentioned in https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM-Email-IMAP-Setup/Troubleshooting-IMAP-Required-Information/td-p...

Thanks for your help

Captura de pantalla 2018-09-14 a la(s) 9.51.57 a.m..png

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @dacarva,

Thanks for sending the screenshot along! Would you mind giving it a go in a different browser? I took a look at the settings for a colleague of yours who is successfully connected, and they match yours, so I want to make sure this wasn't a one time issue. 

My next suggestion would be to try changing your Rackspace password and then try reconnecting.

If neither of those work, please let me know and I can continue digging into this on my end.

Thanks,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi,
I've been having the same issue since last Friday afternoon (Spain time).

My inbox integration got disconnected and I was unable to connect eversince.

Using CDmon.com as email provider.

Tried logging out of Hubspot and in again, removing integration and setting it again, changing my email password and using a different browser with no luck.
Any other solutions?
Thanks,

Alon

Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 20.57.18.png

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @StudioAlis,

I think the best next step for you may be whitelisting the IMAP ips; I will follow up with you through direct message once I have confirmed this.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi @jennysowyrda,
Any news for my case or is it part of general problem in Hubspot?

Thanks,

Alon

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @StudioAlis,

I will update the thread when I have issues for any and all users. Thanks!

0 Upvotes

Hello.

Please help with this: "'Unable to create inbox for this user' error. Following the info of the settings for the account.

Thank you so much in advance!

Settings.png

0 Upvotes

We are also facing the same issue.

Here are the screenshots of the setup details.

Server address I

1.PNG

Server Address II

hubspot.PNG

We had one IMAP inbox working for just 1 day (the day before yesterday). Since yesterday, we could not connect at all.

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Same issue here. I manually input the information and followed the recommend steps, as suggest by admin in other posts. We've spent so much time trying to resolve and haven't even been able to use the software yet..

0 Upvotes
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I've seen already a few others with the same problem, I also see the dreadful "Unable to create inbox for this user." error when trying to setup an IMAP mailbox. Hubspot ID: 4924565

I confirm username and password are correct. I confirm server names and ports are correct. I do see a log entry in the server log with a sucessful login

Sep 16 18:10:56 vps dovecot: imap-login: Login: user=<*****@qurl.nl>, method=PLAIN, rip=54.174.53.175, lip=136.144.142.166, mpid=13392, TLS, session=</MA8Tf91Iv82rjWv>

Certificate being used is a Let's Encrypt certificate. I confirm this certificate is valid until November 10, 2018. I've also tried with the "Allow non-secure certificate" option ticked which obviously didn't make any difference.

Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 18.11.32.png

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi!

I connected muy personal email with IMAP,  but when I try to connect a second account I get this error "Unable to create inbox for this user."

Both accounts are in the same server under de same domain. 

Second account:

Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 15.28.14.png

Console error:

{status: "error", message: "internal error", correlation_id: "7a001435-46c7-48fb-88ca-956804f29788",…}

correlation_id:"7a001435-46c7-48fb-88ca-956804f29788"
requestId:"325d69890ee0140cb84c852f89932ae6"

Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 15.30.13.png

My account:

Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 15.29.15.pngThanks for your help!

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi! someone who can help us?

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hey @Piot,

If you're still having issues with this, can you please provide the email address you are working with? I am seeing an email address as successfully connected on your end, so if you're still stuck, providing the email would be great (you can do so either through here or direct message). 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi all, 

Having some trouble with connecting our IMAP accounts. 

Everything has been checked by the IT guys and works when connecting to Mac mail or Gmail.

Hub ID: 4928217

Screenshot:

Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 17.17.47.pngEverything has been reviewed by the IT guys and confirmed correct

What I have already tried:

From what I have read on other support posts, the only thing that could be happening is that the certification chains for IMAP might differ from those set for SMTP. How would I check these?

Many thanks, 

Joseph 

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @Joseph_DL,

Your IT team should be able to confirm what certificates you have for IMAP and SMTP and whether they match. 

Do you mind confirming this with your IT team? Upon first glance, I am happy issues finding your SMTP certificates, so if you can confirm they are matching certificates and that there is no custom set up, that would be great!

Thanks,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hello

I'm having troubles connecting with my IMAP accounts.

I've double and triple checked and event had my IT guy look at it. 

It is saying I "unable to connect inbox for this user"

How do we fix this problem please?

Danielle

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @foodtrucks2u,

Can you please send along the information outlined here? The more information you can provide, the better I can advise on next steps. 

Thanks,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi, 

I tried for a while now to connect my outlook to my hubspot account, here is the message it keeps telling me : Capture4.PNG

Thank you for your help !

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @jeangael,

It looks like your inbox isn't hosted by Outlook; are you trying to connect through the IMAP set up?

If so, can you please provide the information outlined here?

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi all,

I have merged your threads into one hub for this issue, as you are all experiencing similar issues. I have raised this to the Support team to see what the best next steps are for you all. If I have requested information from you specifically, please attach it to this thread and tag me in your reply (@jennysowyrda). 

I will update this thread as I have more information/updates. 

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Jenny

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

My hubspot id is 4927504, I have checked and test multiple passwords, long, short, without special characters. The login works fine on several IMAP mail clients.

However, I have tested multiple different CRM software and all had problems connecting to my mail server. One threw a Java error message related to the SSL cipher being too strong (RSA > 1024bits). Not sure if this helps.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi again everyone,

The Support team has requested har files to see what is occuring while you are going through the connection process. 

Here are instructions on how to collect a har file in Chrome. Here are instructions for other browsers as well.

Once you have collected the file, please email it to me in the following format: 

send to: community@hubspot.com

subject: IMAP Error har file 

within the email include: 

1. The email address you are trying to connect to HubSpot

2. Your Community username

3. Your portal ID 

4. A download or link to your har file

Thank you all for your patience and help!

Jenny

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi All,

Another Update! We are beginning to bucket the issues into different buckets, and as such I will share your update in groups below. 

If you are still having issues after following the steps required for your bucket, please:

1. respond to this message

2. @mention me in your respons

3. share updated information (screenshot) of what you are seeing now including ports, email address, and error message.

Thanks again for everyone's patience! 

Reconnect 

If you are in this group, the Support team has associated your original error message with an issue that has been marked as resolved. If you're still experiencing issues after trying to reconnect, follow the steps above. 

@aroessler

@Animesh

@Piot

@JorgeSierra

@dacarva

@Highering

@qurl

@Joseph_DL

@foodtrucks2u

0 Upvotes