CMS Development

tgearhart
Participant

When Building on COS are there hidden margin dimensions needed? if any

SOLVE

hi there. 

When I was on a website review w/ a client last night and their design team the owner said she downloaded the COS requirements from the designers.Hubspot.com and it gave her a width of 1100 by # which she said was typically the live content area for websites. She then said there was typically a margin around all of the pages that people don't see and what those widths were. she's never built on the COS and is redesigning a website frame and trying to build it within our parameters. she wont use the content staging area so the client will need to get someone to convert the design files to the COS.

Does anyone have any insight into what these COS requirements are for new website build so I may tell her? thanks 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jsum
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@tgearhart,

Give her this (https://gianthatworks.com/entry/bootstrap-for-designers). Hubspot uses a version of boostrap 2 for structuring it's template builder. Because of of this all of the rules that apply to designing with bootstrap apply to desiging for Hubspot. This applies to the drag and drop template builder.

If she is building the website in raw code outside of hubspot first then anything will work. You can use any framework that you would like. I just put up a site using bootstrap 4 a few days ago. All you have to do is go through and exchange the static or placeholder content in the code with HubL code to make the area editable on the page editor. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Jsum
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@tgearhart,

Give her this (https://gianthatworks.com/entry/bootstrap-for-designers). Hubspot uses a version of boostrap 2 for structuring it's template builder. Because of of this all of the rules that apply to designing with bootstrap apply to desiging for Hubspot. This applies to the drag and drop template builder.

If she is building the website in raw code outside of hubspot first then anything will work. You can use any framework that you would like. I just put up a site using bootstrap 4 a few days ago. All you have to do is go through and exchange the static or placeholder content in the code with HubL code to make the area editable on the page editor.