CMS Development

Woodsy
Top Contributor

Redirecting URLs in Hubspot

SOLVE

I have created a number of landing pages in hubspot for resources which I now want to change to use the blog structure. Can I redirect the landing page urls to point to the new blog pages?

www.companyname.com/company1-case-study

To:

www.companyname.com/resources/company1-case-study

I have found this link:
https://knowledge.hubspot.com/website-user-guide/how-to-use-the-url-mapping-tool-to-redirect-pages

In one section is says:

Type in the original URL or path that you want to redirect traffic from. A sample absolute URL might be http://www.site.com/page, and a sample relative URL path that would also redirect traffic to that page would be /page.

Please note: it is not possible to redirect a file hosted on the HubSpot COS File Manager. Because of the way those files are hosted, a URL mapping will not work. Instead, an alternative to deleting an old file would be to replace it with an updated version.

If this means that I can't redirect one hubspot page to another what is the bast way to update the page without loosing all the analytical data behind it. The content will be the same just I am moving the page from a landing page to a blog.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Jsum
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@Woodsy,

redirection for files isn't possible, as stated, but pages shouldn't be a problem. Just enter the old url and the new url, make sure that the new url has a live page assigned to it and that the url is correct, and you shouldn't have a problem. 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
Jsum
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@Woodsy,

Good job, I'm glad you got this far with it. 

The trick here is going to be using a custom link instead of using the default {{ content.absoulute_url }}.

token that links to the post page.

To do this you just need to add a text widget to your post  template

{% text "resource_link" label="Resource Link", value="", export_to_template_context=True %}

Note that I'm exporting the module to the template. You will paste your landing page urls, per post, to this text module in your page editor.

Now in your listing page, instead of using the default post link token, use a widget data token for the text module. 

{{ content.widgets.resource_link.body.value }}

this will output the link you entered into the text module per post item.

Again, you can see how I used a bunch of these modules in this post

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
Jsum
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@Woodsy,

redirection for files isn't possible, as stated, but pages shouldn't be a problem. Just enter the old url and the new url, make sure that the new url has a live page assigned to it and that the url is correct, and you shouldn't have a problem. 

0 Upvotes
Woodsy
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you for replying.

I have a landing page in hubspot www.companyname.com/test123

I want to use the blog structure to now house this page which will be www.companyname.com/blog/test123

Can I get the landing page to redirect to the blog page as there are a number of social media posts linking to the landing page?

0 Upvotes
Jsum
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@Woodsy,

are you going to move the landing page to be hosted under the blog?

0 Upvotes
Woodsy
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Is it posible to keep the landing page and get it pulled into the blog listing if that is what you mean?

I thought if I create a resource blog listing page and have each resource as a blog page. I was going to then redirect the old landing page to point to the new /resources/xxxxx area.

0 Upvotes
Jsum
Key Advisor

SOLVE

If you are just wanting to create a listing of your landing pages, i.e. a resource page, then see my answer to you resource blog question. You can use a blog for your resource page but instead of your listing items linking to blog articles you can link them to pages outside of your blog, i.e. your landing pages.

Woodsy
Top Contributor

SOLVE

I have created the blog post and listing page and set up a new blog. I create a new post in the blog which adds a thumbnail, title and other filters. At this point I don't want to add any body copy or forms to the post because that will be contained in a landing page. I'm assuming that creating this post is purly to add top level info for the benefit of setting up and entry in the listing page. When posted this populates the listing page, when I click on the thumbnail it takes me to a blog page. How do I change this so that when the thumbnail that is selected goes to a landing page?

For example in you site the listing page is: http://learn.keen.io/resources

When clicking on a thumbnail it goes here: http://learn.keen.io/b2b-saas-ebook and not http://learn.keen.io/resources/b2b-saas-ebook 

0 Upvotes
Jsum
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@Woodsy,

Good job, I'm glad you got this far with it. 

The trick here is going to be using a custom link instead of using the default {{ content.absoulute_url }}.

token that links to the post page.

To do this you just need to add a text widget to your post  template

{% text "resource_link" label="Resource Link", value="", export_to_template_context=True %}

Note that I'm exporting the module to the template. You will paste your landing page urls, per post, to this text module in your page editor.

Now in your listing page, instead of using the default post link token, use a widget data token for the text module. 

{{ content.widgets.resource_link.body.value }}

this will output the link you entered into the text module per post item.

Again, you can see how I used a bunch of these modules in this post

0 Upvotes