CMS Development

Woodsy
Top Contributor

Google AMP for Blog Pages

Hi, our website isn't currently set up for AMP but I am interested in using AMP within our blog / news pages.

Once I create a new blog and check the enable Google AMP just for this blog post option will this break anything or have any negative impact on that blog webpage? For example, would enabling AMP conflict with the nav bar or page tracking.

Any experience with AMP on Hubspot would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Jsum
Key Advisor

@Woodsy,

Check out this article and this one.

Personally I'm not buying into AMP at the moment. It does seam like, unless Hubspot generates your css as inline when using amp, you are going to lose all of your stylesheet css. The only adivce I can give you is to read the guide lines and ensure your up to code. You can simply test it by turning it on on a page, previewing it, and turning it off if it causes problems. 

Josh
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

@Jsum,

I get your point, but the purpose of AMP is to have these pages load as quickly as possible. I am willing to lose the CSS in the interest of having the articles load as fast as possible...and getting a visibility boost in the meantime.

As a user (not a marketer), I love AMP pages. Having content load immediately far outweighs any design elements I may be missing.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

Jsum
Key Advisor

@Josh,

I completely agree with you. I was pointing out the css issue because @Woodsy asked if there would be issues with his navigation and most mobile navigation uses css and javascript to structure display. I really like the idea of keeping a page size under 50kb. We are all about making our webpages as small as possible.

Josh

Hi @Woodsy,

We made the switch to have ALL of our blog posts use AMP about 3 months ago (maybe more). We have not experienced any negative impacts. We have seen steady growth in traffic from AMP pages as well. 

Good luck!

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes
Tsvyetkof
Participant

Do you see AMP traffic in GA?

0 Upvotes