CMS Development

CJ1

Auto-identifying & recording leads & customer devices

SOLVE

Hi all,  

I was wondering how can I auto-identify and record (in Contacts) the favorite device (iPhone, Android, computer), a contact is using to read emails & Hubspot hosted web blogs? 
In addtion to how they are accessing it, I need to be able to determine how many people are accessing my content by device and if they are a. 

Ideally I'd like to know if there's any difference in behavior by content type. For example:

• Contact A typically reads emails mobile device x type; & 
  • Contact A typically reads blogs on computer
  • Contact B signed up to newsletter on iPhone and reads blog on iPhone

Finally, I'd like to be able to search & sort (with total counts) by devices as well as we're both mobile app and web site.

Thanks! 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jsum
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

I don't believe that Hubspot has any built in options for this (yet, maybe visit the idea forum?) but as long as the browser is storing cookie info for the user you should be able to detect the device using javascript and assign that device to a contact property for the contact. I'm not saying it will be easy, but still possible. 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Jsum
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

I don't believe that Hubspot has any built in options for this (yet, maybe visit the idea forum?) but as long as the browser is storing cookie info for the user you should be able to detect the device using javascript and assign that device to a contact property for the contact. I'm not saying it will be easy, but still possible. 

0 Upvotes